all about juan
Joan Brennan from Penrith in Sydney. She has two children aged 13 and 20 and three grandchildren aged 6, 4 and 18 months.
Joanne was an unofficial member of healthy mummy For the past five years, I’ve used Smoothies as an added bonus too.
In the past few years, there have been some significant changes in Joan’s life that have affected her weight and general health.
they share”After retiring from a dance career of 42 years, closing my dance school and leaving a 20-year marriage, I lost myself.
I started smoking and eating the wrong way. So the weight started creeping in and my body wasn’t happy.”
Two years ago, Joanne decided to become a Healthy Platinum Member To help her out of the predicament she felt. Soon, Sydney entered its first Covid Lockdown.
“That lasted 6 weeks. This was not the time for me. Towards the end of this lockdown I weighed 76kg and that was the last time I weighed. I kept gaining more weight because my clothes were too tight. That’s when I said enough!!”
Joanne focused on her health with help from her Platinum Membership She was able to lose 9 kilograms.
This year, Joanne turns 50, has a new job and made the decision to quit smoking for good. Three months later, although Sydney is back in lockdown, Joan has stuck to her commitment.
“I have not taken any weight because I have focused on my fitness journey with Healthy Mummy. I currently weigh 67.8 kg.
I feel more comfortable in my clothes and some I donated because they were so big.”
Joanne’s tips to quit smoking and stay healthy
- I used the patches for about 8 weeks, and focused on fitness.
- Since I moved from a full-time job to a part-time job, I didn’t want to spend half of my low income smoking. So that was a good motivation.
- You really need to be mentally prepared. Smoking isn’t just a physical thing, it’s a mental habit as well.
- Be gentle with your body when you quit smoking. Even with aids like patches, you’re still going through the withdrawal process. This is different for everyone. For me, it was a terrible headache, constipation, and sometimes dizziness.
“I am now 13 weeks smoke-free and have not put on any weight. There are moments when I think about smoke but I get it off my mind pretty quickly.”
June Day on a plate
breakfast: Healthy smoothie for mums for breakfast
lunch: salad or sandwich
Dinner: Healthy mummy-style dinner.
“I’m not one for snacking but I like a wine or two at night.”
Joanne is still merging a file healthy mummy juices in her daily routine.
“My favorite juice at the moment is the Premium Banana Sundae. I swear by the metabolic support tablets and love the Immune T tea.”
“My favorite healthy mummy exercises are the step exercises. I wish they were longer, meditation and wellbeing.”
Living a healthy lifestyle
“Since I am in menopause, I feel that a healthy mummy lifestyle helps to deal with this changing, confusing and often frustrating time of life. Eating healthy food, counting calories, and exercising not only tones my body, but makes me I also feel how I was dancing.”
Joan’s top tips
“Find what works for you. We are all different, what works for me will not work for others. That is the beauty of a healthy mummy. It’s a lifestyle change, not a diet, so you can’t adapt it to what you need and want. Also, take one day at a time” .
Great tip and thank you for sharing your story with us!
Join Joan on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Do you want to change your weight but feel like you don’t have time in your day to exercise and eat healthy?
This is where the mummy is healthy 28 day weight loss challenge I can help.
What do you get? You can access:
- 28 Days Workout At Home (No Gym Needed) – With Video Instructions
- Customizable, breastfeeding-friendly meal plans
- Time-Saving Workouts for Busy Moms – Under 30 Minutes
- The challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval training and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of easy-to-prepare recipes.