As the pandemic continues to make access to the gyms extremely difficult, home workouts have become our second best resort. But with or without a pandemic, not all people can afford to buy a gym. the answer? Creative exercise in home ideas.
Below, we have listed some easy-to-implement exercise ideas that are suitable for both men and women. These are also perfect routines for couples!
Planks are an excellent way to strengthen your core. While easier said than done, those agonizing minutes are worth it.
Here are some ways to spice up a classic plank routine:
- side board. It’s like doing a stretch forearm plank, but you will lie on one side. Try squeezing your butt muscles for up to a minute!
- walking board Starting in a full plank position, you’ll move to the side by moving your hands and feet like a walking crab.
- reverse plate. Using a reverse plank, you face the ceiling while your hands are holding a ball in the back.
Are you ready to increase your heart rate? Burpees will do it! Start in a standing position, jump up, clap your hands above your head, and perform a push-up position. Do as many repetitions as fits into your routine.
Do you slouch on leg day? Flutter kicks may help you keep up. To do this, you need to lie directly on the floor while facing the ceiling. Next, raise your legs in the air, creating a 90-degree angle to your body.
Once you are in your position, start walking or walking with your legs in the air. Do it slowly when you feel your muscles stretching.
Pushups are classic routines that never lose their style for home workout ideas. It targets multiple muscles at once, making it a versatile routine.
You can also do push-ups. You can do push-ups with one hand or clap your hands between lifts. And to increase the intensity, you can raise the dumbbells with one hand.
What is the most effective home exercise?
There is no one size fits all when it comes to workouts. It is important to assess your body type, exercise level, and needs.
In general, fitness experts recommend some activities that are guaranteed to produce results. Here are some effective options:
- Walking. Whether you do it on the treadmill or on the streets, a 30-minute walk is enough to stimulate your metabolism.
- Intermittent training. This exercise involves an increase in activity followed by a period of rest. Interval duration and number of repetitions depending on what you want to achieve.
- Lunges. Lunges target multiple muscle groups simultaneously. It will also improve your balance while keeping your calf muscles flexible.
- crunches; Crunches make you explode for good reasons. It is a carver while bending the hips and improving your endurance.
- Strength training. For two to three days, you should perform strength exercises to boost muscle mass and bone health. It’s also a huge calorie burner if you want to lose some weight. However, strength exercises should only be performed a few days a week to allow the body to recover.
Workout ideas at home that we have mentioned here are just some of the options available to you. From there, you can expand your routine to stay fit even if you’re away from the gym.