I think we all have some busy weeks when we just don’t have the time to prepare a fancy dinner. Here comes the beauty of owning a slow cooker!
This pulled pork recipe is one that you can easily make on a weekday that’s too busy to be true. I am absolutely sure that your loved ones will be very impressed with your results, after all, it will only take 10-15 minutes to get everything ready and to go on.
I suggest you use pork shoulder or butt for this recipe as they tend to absorb flavors better.
Besides the minimal effort involved in preparing this pulled pork recipe, the second amazing thing is that you don’t have to use any barbecue sauce, but you will still taste delicious barbecue. why? Mostly because of the wonderful combination of smoked paprika, cumin and garlic that the meat will absorb slowly.
But if you can’t stand my words and want to use some BBQ sauce, that’s fine too…just avoid buying one from the supermarket because most of them have added sugars that can kick you out of ketosis. For those of you who want pulled pork to stay on the keto-friendly side of the diet, I highly suggest making your own barbecue sauce. Here are 24 keto barbecue sauce recipes for the best backyard cookout, so give them a try!
Last but not least, you can serve this dish with a fresh salad of your choice, or you can try one of these 51 easy keto dishes for busy days.
- 3 Shoulder (or butt) pound of roast pork
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon smoked red pepper
- 4 Garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/4 Yellow onion, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon (15th ml) tamari sauce free of gluten or coconut acids
- 4 tablespoons (60 ml) apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients together except for the pork. Rub this mixture on the pork.
- Place pork (skin side up) and any remaining mixture in the slow cooker.
- Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook the meat for 8 hours on high, or if you want it very tender, set it for 10-12 hours on low heat.
- Use two forks to shred the tender meat and put the shredded meat back into the juice from the slow cooker. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes before serving for delicious flavor throughout.
All nutritional data is estimated based on the amounts of each serving.
- Calories: 327
- sugar: 2 grams
- Fat: 21 grams
- Carbohydrates: 2 grams
- the basic: 1 gram
- protein: 30 grams