I think we’ve all asked ourselves at some point, “What do we do with pulled pork leftovers?” It is true that most pulled pork recipes include large quantities that cannot be eaten at once. This super-fast and delicious recipe gives you a creative and delicious way to use leftover pork for an appetizer.
In this recipe, I used cashew cheese for the jalapeño filling to make a dairy-free cheesecake. To make cashew cheese more cheesy, add a little nutritional yeast – it’s full of vitamins and high-quality protein.
On the other hand, if you don’t want to avoid dairy, you can use any type of cheese you like for this recipe, so go ahead and make your own variation!
And to increase the pulled pork, I recommend adding spicy mayonnaise. This will give the pork an extra boost.
And yes, I’ve included a spicy mayonnaise recipe, in case you don’t want to buy one from the supermarket. Either way, this is an excellent way to take advantage of pulled pork leftovers by creating a fun, new keto-friendly appetizer.
- 3 Jalapeno pepper, halved and seeded
- 3 tablespoons cashew cheese
- Half a cup Pull pork
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons spicy mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander for garnish
Hot Mayonnaise Sauce Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons May
- ¼ Jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- A dash of lemonade
- 1 Garlic clove, peeled and minced
- Cut the peppers in half lengthwise and carefully remove the seeds.
- Place the pepper halves on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper greased with a little oil.
- Fill each pepper half with cashew cheese and season with a little salt.
- Cover with the pulled pork and bake in the oven at 400°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until the meat is browned.
- Meanwhile, mix all the mayonnaise ingredients well together.
- Let cool, then pour hot mayonnaise over each pepper and garnish with coriander.
- Cashew cheese can be very hot, so be careful when enjoying it.
All nutritional data is estimated based on the amounts of each serving.
Net Carbs Per Serving: 4g
- Calories: 167
- sugar: 1 gram
- Fat: 17 grams
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- the basic: 0 g
- protein: 4 g