Since you have to avoid pasta while on a ketogenic diet, it’s a good idea to have healthy alternatives that can satisfy your cravings. In other articles, I’ve suggested replacing the pasta with spaghetti or zucchini noodles, but today I’m going to offer you another option: kelp noodles.
Mostly used in Asian cuisine, kelp noodles are gluten-free and contain no carbs, calories, wheat or sugar, making them ideal for the keto diet.
Kelp noodles are very crunchy, which means they are perfect for stir-fries. You can also add kelp noodles to soups and stews, but just note that they won’t soften significantly over cooking.
This pork tenderloin recipe is quick and easy to prepare, so you can try it out for dinner on a busy day. It will take about 25 minutes to be ready and it is fresh and delicious. If you’re not interested in the spicy part of the recipe, don’t add a lot of hot sauce or replace it with regular paprika.
In this recipe, I used different colored bell peppers because I absolutely love how colorful the dish is, but if you want to make a variation of this you can always use zucchini or any other low-carb veggie that you enjoy.
- 1 1/2 Pound pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 Minced garlic clove or small cubes
- 1/2 Sliced red pepper
- 1/2 Sliced green pepper
- 1/2 Sliced yellow pepper
- 121 ounce package of kelp noodles
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Amino or Gluten Free Tamari Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put the oil in a medium skillet with the pork chops and garlic. Cook the meat until browned.
- Add bell pepper slices and kelp noodles and stir.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, cover the pan, and cook for another 10 minutes.