Make sour cream chicken enchilada in the slow cooker if you have one. But you can also make delicious chicken enchilada in a large oval slow cooker, or in an ovenproof casserole. And if you’re using low-carb tortillas, these are very low net carbs.
for this week Friday favorite After I remind you of these very tasty things Sour cream chicken enchiladas! This is a recipe for low-carb chicken enchilada that I made in the Crock-Pot Casserole Crock Slow Cooker, and this slow cooker casserole was perfect for this recipe.
But you can also make this enchiladas recipe in a large slow cooker or you can bake these enchiladas in the oven with Instructions from this recipe If you don’t want to use a slow cooker. i used Favorite Low-Carb Tortillabut you can use any tortilla you like if you don’t care too much about carbs.
But still, I suspect if you love enchiladas and need some comfort food (that’s not too much of a waste) you’ll enjoy this recipe. If you love the idea of chicken enchiladas with a creamy sour cream sauce, I hope you’ll consider trying this recipe!
What ingredients do you need for this recipe?
What low carb tortillas and cheeses did we use?
I’ve made these twice, with two different types of The task of tortilla balance carbohydrates (referral link) and two different cheese blends. I am better White Tortilla Carbohydrate Balance And the Kirkland 4 Cheese Mexican Mix CheeseSo that’s what I recommend in the recipe.
What is the enchiladas sauce we used?
There are plenty of good brands of relatively low-carb enchiladas. We used this recipe Hatch red enchiladas sauce (Referral link). I’ve found conflicting information on the nutritional information, but it’s no more than 4-5 carbs per serving if you’re using it in this recipe. You can probably cut out a bit of the sauce as well if you want to cut back on the carbs even more.
What slow cooker did you use?
I used slow pottery casserole (affiliate link) for this recipe and one thing I love about the Casserole CrockPot is how you can put it in a hot oven when the slow cooker is done to get more browning for the finished dish. But if you don’t have that slow cooker, you can definitely make it in a large oval slow cooker, or just make it in a casserole and bake it in the oven.
Just can’t get enough of Mexican food?
paying off slow cooker and pot mexican instant food On my Slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker site!
How to make chicken enchiladas with sour cream in a cooker:
(Scroll down for the full printable recipe plus nutritional information.)
- Combine red enchiladas with salsa and simmer until reduced to 2 1/2 cups.
- piece of Chicken.
- Mix one part sauce and sour cream, one part cheese and shredded chicken to make the filling.
- that’s it The task of tortilla balance carbohydrates (affiliate link) I’ve used, but use whatever low-carb tortillas or tortillas you like. (This company changed their formula and it’s now only four net carbs!)
- Put 10 tortillas and divide the chicken mixture.
- Spray casserole inserts with nonstick spray and spread about 1/4 cup of the sauce, roll the enchiladas and place in the slow cooker.
- Spread the remaining sauce over the top of the enchiladas and cover with cheese.
- Cook over high heat for 2 1/2 hours, or a little longer if they don’t look cooked after that time. (I might have gone a little faster!)
- If you’re using a slow cooker where the portlet can be inserted into the oven, you can roast the enchiladas in a hot oven for 10-15 minutes if you want the top to brown more.
- Serve hot, low-carb chicken enchiladas, with sour cream on the side to add to the table.
- Uses Instructions from this recipe If you want to bake enchiladas in the oven.
Make it a low carb meal:
I suspect hot mexican slaw It would be a great side dish with chicken enchiladas for a low carb meal.
More low-carb Mexican foods:
Prepare food on the weekend
This recipe has been added to a category called Prepare food on the weekend Here you will find recipes that you can prepare or cook on the weekend and eat during the week!
1/2 cup medium besante sauce
Two 15 oz. cans of red enchiladas (see notes)
6 cups shredded cooked chicken
1 cup sour cream
3 cups Mexican cheese mix
10 low-carb flour tortillas (see notes)
Thinly sliced green onions for garnish
- Put 1/2 cup of the salsa and red enchiladas into a small saucepan and simmer until sauce has reduced to 2 1/2 cups, about 25-30 minutes. (Stir it a few times so it doesn’t stick to the bottom.)
- While the sauce is reducing, slice the chicken away and measure out the sour cream and cheese.
- When the sauce mixture is reduced, place the shredded chicken in a bowl and gently mix in 1 cup sauce, 1 cup sour cream, and 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese.
- put 10 White Tortilla Carbohydrate Balance (affiliate link) On the counter (on cutting boards or paper towels) and divide the filling mixture among the 10 tortilla chips.
- spray slow pottery casserole (affiliate link) Spray with nonstick spray and spread about 1/4 cup of the sauce over the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Roll each enchilada as tightly as possible and place them side by side in the slow cooker. (You will have to smash them together to get all 10 enchiladas, but it will work.)
- Spread the rest of the sauce on top of the rolled enchiladas, and top with the other cup of shredded cheese.
- Simmer over high heat for 2 12 – 3 hours, or until cheese comes to a boil and is well melted. (If too much moisture collects on the lid of the porcelain pot, I remove the lid halfway and empty this liquid into the sink.)
- If you are using a Casserole Crock, you may want to brown the top of the finished enchiladas in a 400°F/200°C oven for 10-15 minutes but this step is completely optional. (The crock pot is not recommended for grilling in the crockery attachment.)
- If you prefer to bake this in a casserole in the oven, I would use a casserole dish about 10″ x 12″ if you have that size. Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C and bake the enchiladas for 30-40 minutes, or until bubbling hot and lightly browned on top. (be seen Instructions from this recipe If you want more tips for making it in the oven.)
- Serve hot and garnished with green onions and extra sour cream to add to the table if desired.
Extra enchiladas can be frozen, although we don’t have anything left yet to freeze. Reheat in the microwave for about a minute, then sprinkle a little cheese and heat for another minute. Tasty!
I made these low carb enchiladas at New slow pottery casserole (affiliate link) which contains an accessory for crockery in the form of a casserole. You can make this in a large 5-6L elliptical saucepan, but you may have to stack the enchiladas to fit them all.
I loved Tortilla balance carbohydrates (affiliate link) This recipe is best, but a whole-wheat tortilla is slightly lower in carbs.
Use enchilada sauce with the fewest carbohydrates you can find; You can also use 28 oz. can if you find it. Mexican brands usually have the best flavor. I like too pes picante sauce (Referral link) for the sauce.
Recipe prepared by Kalyn.
Amount per service:
Calories: 451Total fat: 28 gramsSaturated fat: 12 gramsUnsaturated fats: 12.2 gramsCholesterol: 122 mgsodium: 1336 mgcarbohydrates: 28.6 gramsthe basic: 16.8 gramssugar: 7.7 gramsprotein: 34 grams
Nutrition information is calculated automatically by the Recipe Plug-In I’m using. I am not a dietitian and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, as many variables affect these calculations.
Low Carb Diet Low Glycemic Diet South Beach Diet Suggestions:
As long as you use low-carb tortillas and opt for low-carb sauce and enchiladas, sour chicken enchiladas are relatively carb-friendly, accounting for 11.8 net carbs. The original South Beach Diet recommends low-fat cheese and sour cream for this recipe, but other low-carb diets prefer full-fat dairy, so choose that one.
Find more recipes like these:
Uses slow cooker recipes To find more recipes like these. use the Diet type indicator To find recipes suitable for a particular food plan. You may also like to check out Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest or in Facebook To see all the good recipes I share there.
We are participants in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliate sites. As an Amazon member, I earn from eligible purchases.