I love the shrimp cocktail, and this shrimp lettuce wraps with low-sugar cocktail sauce is delicious for a snack or appetizer!
Shrimp cocktail cup between shrimp and lettuce to try later!
for this week Friday favorite Choose I remind you of it Lettuce Shrimp Cocktail This is something I love for a snack or an appetizer! I grew up with a wonderful shrimp-loving father, which may explain my particular fondness for all things shrimp. Another flavor I learned to love from my dad is horseradishThe ingredient that gives me that hot kick Low sugar cocktail sauce.
This fun recipe combines these ingredients in a lettuce shrimp wrap that’s a healthy treat for anyone who watches carbs. And you can certainly make the shrimp lettuce a little smaller and serve it up as an appetizer, and I bet that will disappear pretty quickly on a table full of game day foods!
I know shrimp isn’t a budget friendly ingredient for some families, but I hope you’ll splurge on it at some point when you’re in need of a treat!
What ingredients do you need for this recipe?
- Sugar free ketchup (affiliate link)
- May (or more)
- Fresh lemon juice
- cream style ground radish (affiliate link)
- Cooked and frozen shrimp, thawed overnight in the fridge and drained well
- green onion
- iceberg lettuce
How do you make a low carb cocktail sauce?
Now this Sugar free ketchup (affiliate link) is widely available, it’s perfect to use Low sugar cocktail sauce. If you prefer ketchup without an artificial sweetener, go for it Low sugar ketchup without artificial sweetener (affiliate link) that will add one or two carbohydrates per serving.
What sugar-free ketchup did you use in the lettuce and shrimp cups?
I’m a fan Hughes Ketchup Sugar Free (affiliate link) That has 1 carb in a tablespoon, which is what I used in this recipe.
Can you mix cocktail sauce with other ingredients?
When I tested the recipe with Jake, we first mixed the cocktail sauce with the shrimp, celery, and green onions, but that thinned out the sauce and decided it was even better when the lettuce cups were filled with shrimp, celery, and onions. Mix green onions with a little sauce added on top.
Want more ideas for low-carb lettuce wrappers?
If you love the idea of delicious low-carb food wrapped in lettuce, check out our great selection of Low carb lettuce wrap
How to make shrimp and lettuce cocktail cups:
(Scroll down for the full recipe with nutritional information.)
- whisk together Sugar free ketchup (affiliate link), mayonnaise, lemon juice, and horseradish to make cocktail sauce.
- Cut half a kilo of cooked shrimp into pieces.
- Cut the celery into slices and chop the green onion; Then mix them with shrimp in a bowl.
- Cut a head of iceberg lettuce in half and make “cups” by peeling 2-3 pieces of lettuce. (I admit, I cut the edges with kitchen scissors to make pretty photo cups, but you don’t need to do this at home!)
- Fill the lettuce cup with the desired amount of the shrimp/celery/onion mixture.
- Put a tablespoon of cocktail sauce and enjoy.
More lettuce wraps you can try:
If you want to make lettuce wraps with your Instant Pot or Slow Cooker, you can find them Slow cooker or quick-cooker lettuce bowl or Best lettuce wraps in a bowl On my Slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker site.
Low Sugar Cocktail Sauce Ingredients:
1/3 cup sugar-free ketchup
1 t may (or more)
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice (see notes)
2 teaspoons cream-style horseradish, or more (start with a smaller amount and taste to see how hot you want it)
Lettuce Cup Ingredients:
1 pound of frozen cooked shrimp, thawed overnight in the refrigerator, then drained well
1 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
1 large head of lettuce
- Remove the shrimp from the refrigerator and allow them to drain through a colander set in the sink.
- Whisk together sugar-free ketchup, 1 T mayonnaise, lemon juice, and 2 tsp. horseradish.
- Then taste the cocktail sauce to see if you want more mayonnaise (to make it creamier) or more horseradish (to make it spicier). Add more as desired until creamy/hot as you like.
- When the shrimp is well dried, pat them dry with paper towels.
- Depending on the size of the shrimp you are using, cut it into pieces as desired. (I used 31-40 size shrimp and cut each piece into three pieces.)
- Finely chop the celery and chop enough green onions into thin slices to make about 1/4 cup.
- Combine shrimp, celery and green onion in a bowl.
- Cut the lettuce in half, cut the core, discarding any wilted or damaged outer leaves.
- Then peel 2-3 pieces of lettuce at a time to form a “cup.” (I sometimes use kitchen scissors to trim the lettuce if I can’t get the cup to do well.)
- If the lettuce is small or doesn’t separate well, you may have to use 2 heads of lettuce to get enough cups to eat that much shrimp.
- Put the desired amount of the shrimp mixture into each lettuce cup and cover with 2 tablespoons of the cocktail sauce.
- Eat immediately. You can keep the ingredients refrigerated separately if this makes you more than you will eat at one time.
I will use Sugar free ketchup (referral link) or Low sugar ketchup (Referral link) for this recipe, but you can look for natural ketchup without added sugar if you don’t want an artificial sweetener. I love to have Fresh and frozen lemon juice for recipes like this.
This recipe was created by Kalin to satisfy her addiction to shrimp with cocktail sauce.
Amount per service:
Calories: 130Total fat: 4 gramsSaturated fat: 1 gramUnsaturated fats: 0 gramsUnsaturated fats: 2 gramsCholesterol: 162 mgsodium: 877 mgcarbohydrates: 5 gramsthe basic: 1 gramsugar: 2 gramsprotein: 18 grams
Nutrition information is calculated automatically by the Recipe Plug-In I’m using. I am not a dietitian and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, as many variables affect these calculations.
Low Carb Diet / Low Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
It’s important to use sugar-free ketchup, reduced-sugar ketchup, or no-sugar-added ketchup if you’re making South Beach Authentic Shrimp lettuce or want it to be a low-carb dish. With that caution, this would be approved for any stage of South Beach or any other type of low carb eating plan.
Find more recipes like these:
Uses lettuce wraps Watch for more recipes like this! use the Diet type indicator To find recipes suitable for a particular food plan. You may also like to check out Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest or in Facebook To see all the good recipes I share there.
We are participants in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliate sites. As an Amazon member, I earn from eligible purchases.
Discussion about this post