We loved this mini-meal with roasted Asian shrimp and Brussels sprouts, and this delicious dinner idea is super easy! And everyone who loves shrimp and Brussels sprouts will love this easy dinner idea!
Kara I loved the sauce in this fried chicken meal, and we both love the shrimp and brussels sprouts, (especially roasted brussels sprouts), So this is what inspired this Roasted asian shrimp and brussels sprouts mealAnd we loved this mix.
We used jumbo sized frozen shrimp which I realize might be a splurge for some budgets, but if you like shrimp I hope you’ll try this for a special low carb dinner. And if Brussels sprouts are a no-go in your house, you might like this one Roasted Spicy Shrimp and Green Beans While that!
What ingredients do you need for this recipe?
Can you reheat leftovers for this meal of shrimp and brussels sprouts?
I ended up with leftovers when we tested this recipe, which I’m happy to report wasn’t bad at all and was heated in the microwave. I devoured them for lunch the next day.
Want more low-carb dinners with shrimp?
If you really like shrimp, here is a great selection of it Low carb keto shrimp dinners With so many options!
Want more ideas for plate meals?
paying off Low carb and keto pan meals For more delicious ideas for dinners cooked on one tray!
How to Make a Chinese Meal of Roasted Asian Shrimp and Brussels Sprouts:
(Scroll down for a full, printable recipe with nutritional information.)
- Defrost overnight shrimp in the refrigerator, then drain well before preparing them.
- When they are well dried, dry them with paper towels.
- Mix ingredients to make a marinade/glaze mixture.
- Place shrimp in a ziplock bag and add half of the marinade/glaze. Let the shrimp marinate while you start cooking the Brussels sprouts
- Wash the Brussels sprouts if necessary, trim the stems and cut them in half. Try not to drop too many leaves, as they tend to overdo it.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt, and pepper and place on a baking sheet.
- Roast in a preheated oven at 400 F / 200 C. Cook the Brussels sprouts for 15 minutes while the shrimp are marinate.
- After 15 minutes, drain the shrimp well.
- Push in the Brussels sprouts and arrange the shrimp in a single layer at the end of the baking tray. Cook until shrimp are cooked through, about 6-8 additional minutes.
- Remove from oven, tossing shrimp and Brussels sprouts together, brushing generously with the rest of the marinade/glaze mixture. Serve hot.
Make it a low carb meal:
This would be delicious with Easy cauliflower rice with garlic and green onions For a low carb meal.
More delicious shrimp recipes:
1 pound frozen jumbo shrimp, thawed and well drained (I used 16-25 size shrimp.)
1 pound Brussels sprouts, stems trimmed and halved
2 tons of olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Asian Dressing Ingredients:
1/3 cup soy sauce (gluten-free if needed)
2 tons of rice vinegar (see notes)
2 tons of granulated monk fruit sweetener or another sweetener of your choice (see notes)
2 tsp. agave nectar (or use another 2 teaspoons of the sweetener of your choice, but the agave viscosity helps the glaze stick to the food)
1 ton Asian sesame oil
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Defrost shrimp overnight in the refrigerator.
- At least 15-20 minutes before cooking begins, put the shrimp in a colander placed in the sink and allow them to dry well.
- Mix soy sauce, rice vinegar, sweeteners, agave, sesame oil, and garlic powder to make a marinade/glaze mixture.
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C and spray a large baking sheet with oil or non-stick spray.
- After the shrimp are well dried, lay them out on a layer of paper towels, cover them with more towels, and pat them dry as much as possible.
- Put the dried shrimp and half of the marinade/glaze mixture into a ziplock bag and let the shrimp marinate while you begin to cook the Brussels sprouts.
- Wash the Brussels sprouts if necessary and dry thoroughly. (Most packaged Brussels sprouts do not need to be washed.)
- Trim the stem end of each Brussels sprout and cut it in half, being careful not to droop as much as possible. (The single leaves may overcook when cooked; I kind of liked the dark single leaves, but Kara thought they were too bitter.)
- Put the Brussels sprouts in a bowl and toss with the desired amount of olive oil, salt and freshly ground black pepper, then spread the cabbage in a single layer on the baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes.
- After the Brussels sprouts have been cooked for 15 minutes, drain the shrimp well in a colander set in the sink.
- Remove baking sheet from oven, push cabbage to one side, and arrange drained shrimp in a single layer.
- Place in the oven and roast for 6-8 minutes, until the shrimp turn pink and firm. (The baby prawns will cook more quickly; don’t overcook them for best flavour.)
- Remove tray from oven, toss in shrimp and Brussels sprouts (remove any burnt leaves if you have some), and brush with remaining marinade/glaze.
- Feet it right away.
Amount per service:
Calories: 296Total fat: 13 gramsSaturated fat: 2 gramsUnsaturated fats: 10 gramsCholesterol: 239 mgsodium: 2399 mgcarbohydrates: 9 gramsthe basic: 3 gramssugar: 5 gramsprotein: 31 grams
Nutrition information is calculated automatically by the Recipe Plug-In I’m using. I am not a dietitian and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, as many variables affect these calculations.
Low Carb Diet / Low Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
This brussels sprouts and shrimp tray is good for low carb and keto diets, as well as perfect for the original South Beach Diet. Some low-carb dieters avoid Agave Nectar, but in the small amounts used here I like the way the seasoning/glaze helps the food stick. If you prefer, you can use sugar-free maple syrup or another approved sweetener to replace it.
Find more recipes like these:
Uses Chit pan meals To find more recipes like these. use the Diet type indicator To find recipes suitable for a particular food plan. You may also like to check out Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest or in Facebook To see all the good recipes I share there.
We are participants in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliate sites. As an Amazon member, I earn from eligible purchases.