Having children can be a buffer game. It’s often hard enough just to wash your hair, let alone pull yourself up and get out of the house!
You may feel very confused if you embark on it Start a healthier lifestyle And worrying about how to find time in an already busy schedule to exercise and prepare meals. But it can be done.
here in healthy mummyWe protect your back 100% during your weight loss journey, even if you don’t have friends, family support or even a significant other.
Here’s How These Moms Stay Motivated When They Don’t Have a Support Network…
Belinda Tonkin lost 42 kg with The Healthy Mummy
Belinda says her husband has been very supportive of her Her weight loss journey.
“My husband always encouraged me no matter what my size was, but when I was gaining weight quickly due to my mental health at the time,” she says.
“I unfortunately lost friends and it was really hard. I became so isolated from my friends that I was ashamed of my weight gain.
“Physically I became a completely unrecognizable person. Until my fun, outgoing personality and happy nature was lost. I became such an empty shell.”
Sadly, Belinda says she has stopped accepting invitations or arranging to catch up.
Only after making a few changes was she able to start talking about what she was going through.
Belinda’s tips on how to stay motivated if you don’t have a lot of support:
- Get a diary to write down how you feelInspirational quotes, your goals. It’s your little book just for you and you can make it anything you want.
- Create a motivational board. It can include anything that resonates with you on this trip. I have it next to my bed and it’s the first thing I see every morning which is a daily reminder of my goals and why!
- Find the reason! What is the reason for that. Is it for children? Is it for yourself? Why could it be anything at all.
- Access to a healthy mummy community… Because it is incredible. It helps to know that there are all these other amazing women out there who work hard.
“At the end of a long day, you can come to the healthy mummy community and read about the others and how their days went by,” Belinda says.
“You can share and discuss things with women about their travels that might resonate with your own.
“You can be an amazing inspiration from a stranger..someone you may not have met before but feel connected. This helps you feel that you are never alone.”
Carla Ackermann is a helpless expat
Carla was with healthy mummy Since September last year and have not looked back.
“We moved here from South Africa a year ago and I have no support but my husband. Even with him being away most days, I am alone,” she says.
“Group community She is just totally amazing because without them I wouldn’t have started my journey. I will still be the woman with low self-esteem, not happy with the way I look, tired and always in a bad mood! “
Carla’s advice to mothers in the same situation
- Put your goals on paper, print and stick them around the house where you can see them, to help you stay motivated! Reminds you why you are doing this and why you started!
- I watch hundreds of motivational videos. It helps me achieve my goals during the week and I break them as hard as I can. I even put more pressure on myself! In the end, these small achievements lead to your main goals!
Shelly Moore lost 6.5 kg
Shelley lost 6.5 kg with healthy mummy So far, she’s usually well supported by her partner and family, but not always, she says.
“I’ve learned that I can’t count on the support of others to keep me motivated, because sometimes they have their own stuff and they can’t be there to encourage me like they normally do,” she says.
“If I only depend on their support to keep me going, I will definitely lose momentum when they are not there for me, so I have learned that I need to rely not on external factors, but on my own commitment and discipline.
“My family can’t do the hard work for me, only I can. So I have to be my biggest fan of myself, my own fan, because that is how I will achieve my goals.”
If Shelly wants the takeaway, she may feel tempted but she needs to find her willpower and motivate her.
“What I have found useful in these times is the access to the amazing community in our Facebook support group,” She adds.
“A lot of these moms are experiencing or going through the same thing, and they may have some tips or tools to help you succeed and stay strong.”
Nicole Bradshaw doesn’t have a huge circle of friends
Ness says that while her partner has been a quiet supportive partner most of the time, she doesn’t have a huge friend circle.
“I have friends to talk to but don’t live near. I lost 15.9kg. My partner is supportive but still loves to eat regularly, at first it was a bit of a struggle and I had to use all my willpower to say no, I didn’t want to eat a cheeseburger , “ she says.
“I eat my healthy meals for lunch or dinner instead. I’m now able to get my family takeaway and eat something out of my freezer stashes. I love that I don’t feel bloated and full as they do.”
Nicole’s tips to stay motivated:
- When I look for motivation, I think about when I first started and what my goals are, I’ve come this far and I know I can do it! The only way I knew I could do it was if I did it for myself, no one else!
- After becoming part of the Healthy Mummy community Facebook pages, I’ve received a huge amount of support from total strangers, I’ve received private messages checking me out and how I’ve been going, and messages from the ladies wanting to know more about what I’ve done to get to where I am.
“It’s funny how much connection you can have with complete strangers, and how much they influence you without you even knowing!”
Have you contacted us on our social media platforms with two million mothers?
At The Healthy Mummy, we have over 100,000 moms using the Healthy Mummy app that has increased 100% during COVID. Together, two million mothers are also part of the healthy mummy community!
When women support each other, incredible things happen. With 2 million like-minded moms who can provide daily support to healthy mummy members, our social footprint is big!
All of our private collections are supervised hourly by our professional staff, to ensure a safe and non-judgmental environment.
Join our community to find love and support from hundreds and thousands of moms just like you. We have plenty of health mummy closed Facebook groups for you, including:
There are two million mothers in our society!!
Here are all our private groups
Here are all our public Facebook pages
Here are our Instagram and Pinterest pages
Find the right healthy mummy community for you!
Are you ready to start losing weight?
Do you want to change your weight but feel like you don’t have time in your day to exercise and eat healthy?
This is where the mummy is healthy 28 day weight loss challenge I can help.
What do you get? You can access:
- 28 Days Workout At Home (No Gym Needed) – With Video Instructions
- Customizable, breastfeeding-friendly meal plans
- Time-Saving Workouts for Busy Moms – Under 30 Minutes
- The challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval training and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of easy-to-prepare recipes.