We all have good days and bad days! It’s just a part of life and it’s the same in your weight loss journey.
However, when we get off track, many of us feel like throwing in the towel, as if we’ve spoiled our chances of success with one bad meal. You do not have.
Tomorrow is a new day and then you can make better choices.
Some of our amazing moms, who lost weight by following them 28 day weight loss challengeShare how they didn’t let a bad day or a bad week spoil an entire month…
Mel Temer lost 37 kg
Melissa Timmer says she was really struggling with her routine because she works long hours and her work shifts locations.
“I’m tired, so my body longs for anything and everything to be able to get through. I’ve definitely had a few meals where I think, ‘Things, I’ll eat and then have a better meal tonight,'” she says.
“When I have these days, I don’t let it frustrate me, I just do my best to reset my mind for the next meal and try my best to choose a better option.”
In fact, she says she should remind herself why she shouldn’t eat the bad stuff.
“I need to nourish and energize my body with ingredients that will help me recover and give me more energy,” she says.
“I am always so grateful when I make a better choice. I think when you get stuck in this fun you just have to push yourself a little bit more to make better choices because you will never regret a good choice.”
Temptations will always be there. You have to find the willpower within you to be strong and transcend it to get results.
“I’m not going to let it overtake me, I have things ready for next week that will occupy my mind,” She adds.
“I stock up on fruits and better options because that removes all temptations and I won’t have them in front of me which means I won’t eat them.
“Getting ready will be my best friend while I try to get back to normal.”
Laura Kukulovski lost 33 kg with The Healthy Mummy
Laura was a mother of three following healthy mummy For a year he lost 33 kg.
“Not long after I started my health journey with my mom, I had a really bad flu,” she says.
“I couldn’t exercise and didn’t have the energy to cook, so the next day it drove me to the next day and all of a sudden I’m right back into bad habits.
“To get off the funk and back, I tracked that I was just starting out with small steps like adding healthy meals back into my diet and slowly bringing the workouts back into my week.
“I knew I could do it! I just had to trust the process and enjoy my ride and in no time I lost 33kg.”
Laura’s tips for starting over and hitting reset are:
- Don’t feel guilty about falling off the wagon, it happens to almost all of us.
- Start small on reset.
- Don’t pressure yourself to immediately adjust to changes.
- Give yourself small goals to achieve
- Plan your week in advance to cut out unhealthy choices.
- Meal preparation to stop snacking on packaged foods.
Ashana Spinelli lost 23 kg
Ashana lost 23 kg in 5 months using healthy mummy app The products have been maintained for 11 months.
“My husband and I work together on education, which is great because it means we get the school break to be with the kids, but just as we work hard, we love to play hard too,” she says.
“I’m fine with this break from the routine but I always need to reset the healthy eating and exercise habits my body needs. I allow myself that time, and I enjoy it, but I always know in the back of my mind that it won’t become my daily norm.”
Tips on how to get back on the right track:
- For me personally I know what to do. I have all the tools available and the perseverance to back it up. I tell myself I’ve done it before, I’ll do it again and then put these ideas into action.
- I tell myself that a bad week doesn’t mean I’m doomed, it means I’m human.
- Do not start on Monday. Get started today, start now!
- Prepare yourself for success – meal prep, plan your menu, don’t buy junk for kids who might bother you, leave your exercise equipment the night before.
Hana Beach lost 30kg in 18 months
Hannah has lost 30kg of weight in 18 months and has been keeping it off for 2 years now.
“August and September are our ‘birthday months’ where 4/7 of us have birthdays, which means lots of cakes and extra takeaways,” she says.
“I try to focus on enjoying the events and remember that birthdays only come once a year.”
Hana’s top tips
- Remember that one day! Or a short period of time in the big picture.
- You can learn from every experience in life. Positive or negative! It never fails!
- Keep expectations on scales in line with what life throws at you.
- Expecting weight loss during times of cake etc. is not sustainable for me.
- Keep some routine if you can. For me it is drinking water and exercising.
“Focus on your reason. I don’t mind enjoying cake with your kids! Enjoying it for week after week isn’t going to make you feel good,” Hana adds.
“Focusing on fuel rather than food is key to me. Punishing food or choices will never be good for your mental health.”
Take control of your health and fitness in this 28 day weight loss challenge!
Do you want to take charge of your health and weight? Then join us 28 day weight loss challenge today.
With over 6000 delicious (and healthy) recipes, 500 workouts and 24/7 support – The 28 day weight loss challenge Designed (and proven) to help busy moms like you lose weight!
To find out more about our challenge or join – click here.