Market Street Grill Cucumber Dill Sauce keeps people coming back to this beloved Salt Lake restaurant, and I love this sauce on fish. And if you have a choice, this is a must-have summer sauce recipe!
When I had a large garden, every summer I would focus on one particular herb, and one year I would focus entirely on dill. All summer long, once my dill plants sprout a few feathery leaves, I snip them back and make another dill-flavored recipe. One of the great recipes I made with dill was the creamy dill-cucumber sauce served at one of the best seafood restaurants in Utah.
people who ate at Market Street Grill In Salt Lake you know that Cucumber and dill sauce for fish It is one of the things that keeps customers coming back. The only time I’ve been to the Market Street Grill recently I’ve seen they offer a sauce recipe. Then I met the owners of the restaurant and they let me post the recipe on my blog!
No matter what kind of fish I order at Market Street Grill, I always ask for extra sauce, and I love the many different types of fish served with cucumber and dill sauce! I tried the famous Market Street Grill sauce on my dad, stepmother, and their sister, and they all thought it was amazing.
What ingredients do you need for this recipe?
(This is a list of ingredients only; please scroll down for the full printable recipe. OR if you use the JUMP TO RECIPE link at the top of the page, it will take you directly to the full recipe.)
Can you make cucumber dill sauce if you don’t have fresh dill?
I made the cucumber and dill vinaigrette with fresh dill as well as with the dried variety, called dill herb, and it’s good with both although fresh dill is even better if you have some on hand! Dill is very easy to grow and can be planted in the fall at the beginning of next spring. And if you neglect your dill plant a bit at the end of the garden season, it will happily drop enough seeds to ensure a good supply of dill the following summer.
How is cucumber dill sauce different from tzatziki sauce?
Dill with yogurt is commonly used in sauces and salad dressings, and my site has a great recipe Tzatziki sauceBut this sauce is a little different from that. This recipe combines dill, equal parts sour cream, and mayonnaise for a creamier dressing.
Do you want fish recipes served with cucumber dill sauce?
This sauce is served at the Market Street Grill with salmon, halibut, scallops, and fish and chips, but it would go well with most types of seafood. Uses Low-carb and keto baked fish recipes or seafood recipes Find a variety of fish recipes to serve with this delicious sauce.
What else can you eat with cucumber dill dressing?
When I was testing this recipe, I discovered that this sauce is delicious, too Grilled zucchini or Grilled eggplant. I would probably eat it Grilled chicken breastsAnd Grilled kabobsor any kind of Grilled vegetables.
Tips for making Cucumber Dill Sauce from Market Street Grill:
(This is just a summary of the recipe steps; please scroll down for the full printable recipe. OR if you use the JUMP TO RECIPE link at the top of the page, you will be taken directly to the full recipe.)
- Peel the cucumber and cut it in half lengthwise.
- Scrape out the seeds with a spoon, unless the cucumber is very small.
- Cut the cucumber into small pieces, then put them in a food processor and puree.
- Strain the cucumbers into a fine-mesh strainer, then press with your hands to squeeze out as much water as possible.
- In a plastic container with a tight-fitting lid, mix sour cream and mayonnaise.
- Stir in the crushed cucumber, dill (or a lesser amount, or dried dill herb), salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
More delicious things I made with dill:
3 medium cucumbers
1 cup of mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
2 Tbs chopped fresh dill (see notes)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
3 ounces fresh lemon juice (see notes)
- Fresh, young garden cucumbers are best for this dressing, but they’re so good just made from a cucumber pulled from a grocery story.
- Peel the cucumber and cut it in half lengthwise, scraping out the seeds with a sharp spoon. (If you have very small cucumbers with no noticeable seeds, you can probably skip this step.)
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then cut it into 1-inch square pieces.
- Put the cucumber in a food processor and puree it using the steel blade until it is finely chopped.
- Strain the cucumbers into a fine-mesh strainer, then press with your hands to squeeze out as much water as possible. If your cucumbers seem too juicy, you can place the chopped cucumber in a square of cheesecloth and twist the end to squeeze out the liquid.
- Use a plastic container with a tight-fitting lid that is large enough to hold all of the ingredients.
- Mix sour cream and mayonnaise.
- Add the mashed cucumbers, dill, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
If you don’t have fresh dill, use 2 tsp. dried dill herb.
I have used Fresh and frozen lemon juice.
The nutritional information is based on a 1/4 cup serving size, which is likely to be a generous serving for most people.
This recipe is courtesy of Market Street Grill in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Amount per service:
Calories: 171Total fat: 18 gramsSaturated fat: 4 gramsUnsaturated fats: 0 gramsUnsaturated fats: 12 gramsCholesterol: 19 mgsodium: 220 mgcarbohydrates: 3 gramsFiber: 0 gramssugar: 2 gramsprotein: 1 gram
Nutrition info is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, as many variables affect these calculations.
Low Carb Diet / Low Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Market Street Grill Cucumber Dill Sauce is a great dish for low-carb or keto diet plans, and for any phase of the Original South Beach Diet. South Beach favors light sour cream and mayonnaise, while other low-carb diets favor fat.
Find more recipes like these:
Uses Sauces For more recipes like these. Use the Diet type indicator To find recipes suitable for a particular food plan. You may also like to follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on PinterestAnd in FacebookAnd on instagramAnd on TikTokor on YouTube See all the good recipes I share there.
Historical notes for this recipe:
Market Street Grill Cucumber-Dill Sauce for Fish was first published in 2008 after I met the owners and they shared the recipe with me! The sauce remains popular at the restaurant to this day. Post updated with more information in 2023.
We are participating in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliate sites. As an Amazon member, I earn on qualifying purchases.