Do you want to lose 5 kilos before the summer officially?? !! Well now is your chance!
We are very excited to have a brand new 28 Day Challenge theme! We present to you the new Lose 5K Low Carb High Protein Meal Plan! Developed by our amazing team of nutritionists, this new meal plan will have you shed those kilos looking and feeling great, just in time for summer.
What is low carb protein?
Low carbs and high protein have caught the attention of many. People who follow this way of eating lose weight, get energized and feel good, which is really not as difficult as it sounds!
Remember that all carbohydrates are not bad! Carbohydrates are essential to a healthy diet, but not all carbohydrates are created equal. The type and quality of carbohydrates you eat is essential when it comes to following a low-carb, high-protein diet.
How it works?
Low Carbs, High Protein focuses on cutting out refined carbohydrates (think of things like bread, pastries, pasta, white rice, potato chips, sugar, jams, popsicles, ice cream, and cake) and replacing them with high-quality protein, fats, and complex carbohydrates (these are things like green leafy vegetables, broccoli, tomatoes, quinoa, and berries).
Carbohydrates are the main source of energy for the body. When the amount of carbohydrates you consume decreases, your body then switches to burning stored fat to use for energy. It’s not the only physiological thing that happens when you eat low carbs, high protein…blood sugar and insulin levels become more stable, you’ll be fuller for longer, your gut microbiome can improve, and your triglycerides may go down.
All this leads to rapid weight loss, improved immune function and mood, as well as a reduced risk of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
- Protein is an important building block for bones, skin, muscles, organs, blood and cartilage
- Protein is essential for a healthy immune system
- Protein improves sleep quality
- Protein makes you feel full for longer
- Protein slows down the body’s absorption of sugars, thereby stabilizing blood sugar levels
- Protein helps repair and build your muscles after exercise
- Proteins help create happiness hormones like serotonin and dopamine, which can improve your mood and reduce feelings of anxiety
- Protein helps maintain focus and energy levels
- Our bodies need more protein during times of cell growth and repair, and this includes puberty, pregnancy, infancy, and after illness or surgery.
- Increased protein intake can help reduce sugar cravings
- Protein uses more calories for digestion than fats and carbohydrates
- Grass-fed beef
- organic chicken
- wild salmon
- black beans
- Tofu / Tempeh
- hemp seeds
Like the look of these?
These are our delicious Low Carb Peanut Butter Cups and are only 128 calories per serving!
Get the recipe here!
For more descriptions…
Get a sneak peek at some of the new recipes from Lose 5 Kilos Low Carb High Protein Challenge here
Cecily Goodwin – Lost 35 kg
Cicily the mother of two started her journey with The Healthy Mummy in July 2016. In the first few months, she lost 20 kg using healthy mummy juices twice a day and makes 28 day weight loss challenge meals. I lost another 35 kilos over the following year.
Sicily says “I started the year at 110 kg and reached 75 kg!! The lifetime goal I have dreamed of all my life! ”
Cecily admits that when she started her journey it was all about losing weight, but after living a healthy lifestyle it became a lot more about happiness.
Zoe Terry – Lost 41.7 kg
Zoe arrow,”July 2019 – March 2020 – 41.1kg went and definitely not missed! I never thought I could do that. I never thought I would enjoy it but Healthy Mummy made it easy and fun!
I’ve found that 2 smoothies, 3 snacks and a healthy main meal paired with daily exercise are what worked for me! “
Melissa Timmer – lost 37 kg
The healthy mummy helped her regain control, and within 18 months, she had lost 37kg and had been keeping it off for three years.
Although Melissa’s weight fluctuates a bit up and down as she says “I can’t care too much because this journey is all about happiness and if you feel happy in your own skin, no matter your weight or size, that’s all that matters.” We’re all different and beautiful, so don’t get stuck in what the scales say all the time.
Taryn Eames – Lost 30 kg
- From 97 kg to 67 kg
- From size 18/20 to size 10/12
- From idle to active
- From miserable to really happy
- From hating my body to appreciating it.
“At the beginning of my journey, all I wanted was to lose weight. I didn’t aim to gain anything. However, everything I gained meant more to me than the kilos that are now lost and the ones that are also gone. Somewhere along the way, I gained energy. To be able to play with my children and have the confidence to do so in a public place.
I have made many beautiful and like-minded friends. I gained confidence. I gained physical and mental strength. I have gained self love. Gained knowledge about nutrition and exercise. But most importantly, I gained happiness.”
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge to access all the recipes and workout programs
Our challenge involves:
- 28 Days Home Workout Routine (No Gym Needed) – With Video Instructions
- Customizable and breastfeeding-friendly meal plans
- Time-Saving Workouts for Busy Moms – Under 30 Minutes
- The challenge combines Pilates, interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of easy-to-prepare recipes.
To learn more about the 28-day weight loss challenge, click here.
Discussion about this post