My Keto Slow Cooker, or Avgolemono Soup, is a creamy soup that will keep you warm on cold winter nights.
And since it’s made in a slow cooker, you don’t have to stand over a hot stove for hours while it’s cooking.
Plus, it’s completely keto and dairy-free, which means you can enjoy the soup without any worries that sneak carbs ruin your diet.
Even better, your whole family will love it and no one will know it’s Keto (unless you tell them, of course).
Recipe adjustments and cooking tips
The Greek Lemon Chicken Soup recipe from Keto Slow Cooker is already incredibly easy to prepare, but here are a few tweaks and cooking tips to make it even easier and accommodate ingredients that may already be in your fridge or pantry.
- You can skip sautéing the onions, celery, and garlic before adding them to the slow cooker, but they really help deepen the flavor of the soup.
- You can chop raw chicken into bite-size pieces before adding it to the slow cooker. It will taste good, and you can save yourself from shredding the chicken after it’s cooked.
- Boneless chicken breasts can be used in place of the thighs, and you don’t even have to adjust the cooking time.
- You can use chicken thighs or bone-in chicken breasts, but the cooking time may be a little longer. Be sure to use an instant-read thermometer to make sure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 F (75 C). If you are using boneless chicken, be sure to remove the bones and discard them before serving!
- You can use frozen cauliflower “rice” but be sure to thaw it before adding it to the slow cooker. Also, watch to make sure you don’t buy seasoned cauliflower “rice” because it will change the taste of the soup.
- The eggs are what give this soup its creamy texture, and it is really important to slowly pour the soup into the egg-lemon mixture while constantly stirring in step 6. Otherwise, the eggs may scramble, resulting in an egg-drop-like soup!
More Chicken Recipes in Keto Slow Cooker that you can try
Can’t get enough of slow keto chicken recipes? Nor can we, and here are the recipes to prove it!
If lemon chicken recipes have your lips on, then the Keto Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken and Mushroom recipe is for you.
My Keto Zuppa Toscana Soup is a healthy version of a popular chain restaurant soup without having to leave your home.
But if you want Mexican Keto-inspired slow cooker soup recipes, then this Keto Chicken Taco Soup or Keto Slow Cooker Chicken Soup recipe.
And if you want more Keto Mexican-inspired slow cooker recipes, you need to try the Keto Slow Cooker Chicken Mole.
However, if a Keto Indian-inspired slow cooker recipe sounds tempting, the Keto Slow Cooker Chicken Saag is for you.
But if you want to try a Keto Asian-inspired slow cooker recipe, this Keto Crockpot Asian Chicken Drumsticks recipe is sure to please.
If you want slow but delicious Keto Chicken recipes, then Keto Crockpot Garlic Chicken and Keto Crockpot Shredded Chicken recipe is for you.
And if you’re hungry for more delicious Keto slow cooker recipes, here are 28 Keto Crockpot Chicken Recipes that will make dinner mindless.
Classic Greek Lemon Chicken Soup, a spicy and silky broth filled with tender chicken and broccoli “rice”.
- olive oil for cooking (optional)
- 1 medium onion (110 grams) chopped
- 1 stalk of celery (20 grams) chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 8 cups (2 l) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon (1 gram) dried seasoning
- 1 450g boneless chicken thighs (if frozen, if frozen)
- 1 cup (110 gramsCauliflower “rice”
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) lemon juice
- 3 Slightly scrambled eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- fresh dill, to decorate
- lemon slices, to decorate
- If desired, add a little olive oil to a large skillet over medium to high heat. Add onion, celery, and garlic to slow cooker or skillet and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the mixture to the slow cooker.
- Add the chicken broth and dried oregano to the slow cooker and stir until well combined. Place chicken thighs in the slow cooker and immerse in the broth.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high for 3 1/2 hours or on low for 7 hours.
- Add cauliflower “rice” to the slow cooker and continue cooking for an additional half hour on high or at least one hour.
- After the cooking time is over, turn off the slow cooker. Remove the chicken thighs from the slow cooker and use two forks to cut them into bite-size pieces. Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg and lemon juice. While whisking constantly, slowly add 2 scoops of the hot broth to the egg mixture until completely combined.
- With constant stirring, slowly pour the egg mixture into the slow cooker and continue to stir for about a minute, until the soup is thick and creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the soup in bowls and garnish with fresh dill and lemon slices before serving.
All nutritional data is estimated based on the amounts of each serving.
Net Carbs Per Serving: 5g
- Calories: 261
- sugar: 3 g
- Fat: 16 grams
- Carbohydrates: 6 grams
- the basic: 1 gram
- protein: 17 grams
Discussion about this post