These rosemary crunchy potatoes are my new favorite way to enjoy eggplant. Even better, it’s cooked in an air fryer, which means it’s ready in a matter of minutes.
It’s even better with a creamy tahini aioli dip that will enrich your palate.
Air fryer cooking tips
If you are new to using air fryers, you may be a little confused about how to use them. Don’t worry, you are.
However, with a bit of trial and error, I learned a few tips and tricks that make my recipes come out perfect every time.
Preheat the air fryer. Most recipes require preheating the air fryer. I usually turn it on while I’m preparing the ingredients.
However, if you forget to preheat the air fryer, simply turn it on before adding your ingredients. Most air fryers only take a few minutes to preheat.
Grease the basket or tray of the air fryer before each use. This prevents your food from sticking, which is especially important when cooking coated or breaded foods.
However, be sure to never Use an aerosol spray to lubricate the air fryer. The Simple Oil Mister is the perfect and inexpensive tool to use for lubricating your air fryer.
suggest to use avocado oil To lubricate the air fryer. Avocado oil has a high smoke point and will not smoke at high temperatures.
Avoid overcrowding the air fryer. This is especially important with recipes like eggplant fries that require circulating hot air around each fry to cook them properly.
Crowded air fryers usually result in wet and undercooked foods. If you have a smaller air fryer, you may have to cook in batches to make sure the food is cooked perfectly when it comes out of the air fryer.
Turn the food over or shake the basket halfway through the cooking time. This helps ensure that your food is cooked evenly.
And if your food is taking a little longer to cook, you will need to shake the basket a few times while the food is cooking.
Just be sure to be careful when opening the air fryer because it will be hot. However, when the air fryer is opened, cooking will pause but will resume once it is closed.
Make sure to keep the air fryer clean. Old pieces of food or old oil can cause the air fryer to smoke during use.
When the air fryer is not electrically conductive and completely cooled, simply use a clean cloth or paper towels to wipe the air fryer. Be sure to refer to your air fryer manual for the best way to clean your air fryer.
Extra keto sauces to try
While the tahini aioli sauce is absolutely delicious with eggplant fries, here are some other keto sauces you might want to try.
I adore french fries dipped in ranch dressing, and I adore Keto Ranch Sauce The recipe is the perfect dairy-free dipping sauce.
And if you want a little Italian flavor for your fries, you can try Keto pizza sauce recipe وصفة or my keto marinara sauce recipe.
But for the duo of classic French fries and ketchup, you need to try Easy keto ketchup recipe.
Low in carbs yet high in flavor, this crunchy keto rosemary eggplant air fryer will soon become a new family favourite.
To prepare the tahini –
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) May
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) tahini sauce
- 1/2 lemon juice (or to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- Mix the dry ingredients in a small bowl. Beat eggs in a separate small bowl.
- Dip each eggplant fry in the beaten egg, then dip them in the almond flour mixture, covering them completely. Continue until the fried eggplant is baked.
- Place the fried eggplant potatoes in a single layer, without touching them, in the basket or tray of the air fryer and sprinkle lightly with the avocado oil. (If necessary, cook fried eggplant in several batches.)
- Cook the fried eggplant for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown, turning halfway through the cooking time.
- Meanwhile, whisk to combine tahini aioli ingredients until smooth.
- Carefully remove the eggplant potatoes from the air fryer and allow to cool slightly before serving with the tahini aioli.
All nutritional data is estimated based on the amounts of each serving.
- Calories: 169
- sugar: 3 g
- Fat: 14 grams
- Carbohydrates: 9 grams
- the basic: 5 grams
- protein: 5 grams
Discussion about this post