Coffee and chocolate are two of my favorite flavors, which is why I combined them together in a delicious pie recipe.
Even better, Keto Mocha pies are a great breakfast treat when you don’t have time to cook. It’s delicious straight out of the refrigerator or reheated in the microwave for 15 to 30 seconds.
It’s great as a snack as well when you feel a little hungry but your next meal is hours away. And it’s a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth without spoiling your diet or skipping net carbs.
I love to put together a group on Sunday nights and enjoy them all week. This is if your family doesn’t eat all of them first!
How I made this paleo
As you probably know, most traditional muffin recipes are made with wheat flour and sugar, which is not a keto recipe.
So, the first thing I did when I was making the recipe was to replace the wheat flour with almond flour.
Almond flour is simply an almond that has been boiled to remove its skin and ground into a powder. I suggest using fine or extra-fine almond flour for this recipe.
Almond flour tends to add a nutty flavor to baked goods. However, with all the delicious coffee in the recipe, you probably won’t even notice.
I must warn you that coconut flour will not act as a substitute for almond flour. So, if you have a bag of coconut flour that you want to use, check these out 28 innovative keto desserts made with coconut flour.
To give the cakes a rich chocolate flavor, I used cocoa powder in the recipe.
Cocoa powder is made from the solids that remain after cocoa butter is removed from the cocoa beans and are ground into a powder.
However, cocoa powder can be very bitter, which is why I used granulated erythritol as a sweetener. Erythritol is my favorite Keto sugar Because it has no strange taste and is very easy to find in stores or online.
Of course, you could use less erythritol if you don’t have a lot of sweets. I would suggest using about 1/4 cup (48 g) and adding more until the mixture is as sweet as you like.
I used Margarine As an alternative to butter. Ghee is simply clarified butter with the solids removed from the milk, which is why it is a popular choice for people who are lactose intolerant.
However, if you want your waffles to be completely dairy-free, coconut oil is a great fat to use.
You can buy unrefined (or extra-virgin) coconut oil and both work equally. Unrefined coconut oil has a stronger coconut flavor than refined coconut oil. So, I would suggest using a refiner if you don’t want the strong coconut flavor in your muffins.
Another dairy-free ingredient I used was unsweetened almond milk. It is a nice Dairy substitute On traditional milk. Unsweetened coconut milk can also be used in a can, but I suggest skipping it Soy milk.
And be sure to check everything I have on hand Keto breakfast recipes That will make your day start delicious!
A perfect blend of coffee and chocolate mixed into a delicious keto cake
- Preheat oven to 350 ° F (175 ° C). Grease a 12-cup muffin tray with paper or silicone liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the almond flour, cocoa powder, granulated erythritol, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add eggs, espresso or instant coffee, melted ghee oil, almond milk, and vanilla extract to the bowl and mix to make a smooth mixture.
- Put about 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of the mixture in each cup of prepared muffin tray until each cup is about 3/4 full to make 12 muffins.
- Place the muffin tray in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until it’s fully cooked and a toothpick comes out clean in the center of the cakes.
- Take it out of the oven and let the muffin cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Carefully remove the cakes from the pan and place them on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store leftover muffins in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 212
- sugar: 1 gram
- Fat: 20 grams
- Carbohydrates: 5 grams
- the basic: 3 g
- protein: 6 grams