For years, I had digestive issues that made my doctors scratch their heads. No one could tell me why I had severe stomach pains and constipation.
This is what prompted me to start my own research on what could be causing my severe symptoms that prevent me from living my life to the fullest.
What I found through research and personal experiences is that dairy products were a culprit. Honestly, this bothered me because I liked cheese, but my health was more important than my addiction to dairy products.
However, learning to make my favorite recipes dairy-free is what helped me break my dairy addiction and help heal my body in the process.
Benefits of a dairy-free lifestyle
- Weight loss It’s so easy to overeat dairy – especially cheese! If weight loss has stalled, consider eliminating dairy products from your diet.
- Ease of digestion You may be allergic to lactose and not know it. Stomach pain, bloating, diarrhea, constipation, and more can improve once you eliminate dairy from your diet.
- clearer skin Along with stomach problems, dairy products can cause dermatitis. If you suffer from pimples or acne, dairy products may be to blame.
- Reduce arthritis Not only do dairy products cause dermatitis, but they can also cause arthritis. Your bad knees may improve if you cut out dairy products from your diet.
- stronger bones – Search Explains that calcium from milk and cheese may not be as good for your bones as calcium from Non-dairy foodsEspecially green leafy vegetables and canned fish.
You can read this post to find out more reasons why you might want to cut out dairy products.
Tips for making dairy-free ice cream
Most traditional ice cream recipes rely on whole milk and egg yolks to create a creamy texture. However, to make dairy-free and egg-free ice cream, here are some tips I recommend:
- Uses Canned full cream coconut milk. Low-fat canned coconut milk and carton coconut milk won’t give you the creamy texture you’d expect from ice cream.
- Freeze the mixing bowl of the ice cream maker the night before you make the ice cream.
- Blend the ice cream base using a high speed mixer to fully incorporate the ingredients.
- If you don’t have a high-speed mixer, you can gently boil the ice cream base on the stove and then mix it carefully for about 30 seconds. A stick blender works well for this!
- Chill the ice cream base for several hours in the refrigerator before flipping it into the ice cream maker. Don’t forget to freeze the churning bowl for 24 hours first!
Additional Dairy-Free Ice Cream Recipes
Can’t get enough of ice cream? We’ve got you covered! Here are more delicious dairy-free ice cream recipes for you to enjoy:
4 Ingredients Delicious Coconut & Turmeric Ice Cream!
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend for 3 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl of the ice cream maker and whisk according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Once it froths, place the ice cream in a freezer-safe container and freeze until ready to serve.
- If you don’t have an ice cream maker, pour the mixture into a freezer-safe bowl and place it in the freezer. Stir every 30 minutes for the first two to three hours and then let the ice cream freeze completely, about an additional 4 hours.
- To serve, remove container from freezer and leave at room temperature for 10 minutes before washing and serving.
Nutritional data for each meal. The net carbs per serving are 4 grams.
- Calories: 351
- sugar: 2
- Fat: 37
- Carbohydrates: 5
- the basic: 1
- protein: 2
Discussion about this post