This keto chicken soup recipe is packed with all the flavors of traditional taco soup but no carbs. Just put all the ingredients in your slow cooker in the morning, and you’ll have a delicious hot dinner waiting for you that evening.
make it keto
One of the first things you probably noticed was that I left out tortilla chips in this recipe, which most traditional taco soup recipes contain. Personally, I don’t think they add anything but unnecessary carbs to the tacos.
However, if you still want to eat extra tortilla chips, you’ve got them covered! You can enjoy delicious Keto Tortilla Chips made with only 4 ingredients, which you may already have in your Keto pantry right now!
You can also use Keto Pork Rinds as another crunchy option to add to soups. And if you want even more crunchy options, check out these 32 keto slice recipes.
Another ingredient that you may notice that is not included in the ingredients is sour cream. While some consider sour cream to be keto because it’s relatively low in carbs, I completely avoid it because it’s dairy, which isn’t as healthy as you think.
So, if you’re craving a little sour cream but no dairy, you can use a bit of unsweetened plain cream. Coconut Yogurt While that. Or an easier suggestion is to mix some coconut cream (this is the solid part of a refrigerated can of unsweetened coconut milk) with a little lemon juice.
Another way to make this Keto recipe is one you might not even notice. It’s taco seasoning.
If you’ve ever looked at the ingredients for most store-bought taco seasoning boxes, one of the first ingredients you’ll see is sugar. That’s right, sugar is usually a major ingredient in packaged taco seasoning. Crazy, right?
However, for this taco soup recipe, I used my keto taco seasoning recipe that is completely sugar-free. Even better, you can make it as hot or as light as you like depending on the chili powder you’re using.
Of course, you can use store-bought taco seasoning, but be sure to look at the ingredients to check if sugar is included. If so, I suggest returning it and continuing your search. You don’t want to get yourself out of ketosis just because your taco seasoning hides the sugar in it!
And if you want more slow cooker recipes, you can find all the Keto slow cooker recipes here.
- 3 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1.3 lbs or 600 grams) (defrost, if frozen)
- 1 (14.5 oz or 414 ml) can of chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 medium onion (2 oz or 55 g) peeled and chopped
- 2 cups (240 ml) chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons (18 grams) taco seasoning
- 1 medium sweet pepper (4.2 oz or 120 grams) chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower or cauliflower (350 grams) chopped
- To serve: chopped fresh cilantro, coconut cream, sliced avocado, chopped green onion (optional)
- Add chicken, diced tomatoes, onion, chicken broth, and taco seasoning in slow cooker. Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook over low heat for 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and use two forks to slice the meat.
- Add the shredded chicken, bell pepper, and broccoli or cauliflower to the slow cooker and continue cooking for an additional 1 hour, until the vegetables are fully cooked. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the soup on its own or with optional toppings.
All nutritional data is estimated based on the amounts of each serving.
Net Carbs Per Serving: 6g
- Calories: 245
- sugar: 4 g
- Fat: 10 grams
- Carbohydrates: 9 grams
- the basic: 3 g
- protein: 26 grams