Posted by Calin Denny On June 7, 2021
This delicious chicken teriyaki dish is quick, easy to prepare, low in carbs and can be served in so many ways! And if you love Asian flavors, you’ll want to make them again and again!
This is the new recipe for Quick teriyaki chicken It was inspired by cooking experiences from the past. Years ago I learned to make teriyaki chicken from a friend who lived in Hawaii and got the recipe from a Japanese friend. That chicken was delicious (but loaded with sugar) so in the early days of the blog I modified it to it Sugar free chicken teriyakiWith sugar replaced by golden monk fruit sweetener. in spite of Kara And I looked at recipes around the web when we decided to try making it in an Instant Pot, it was the easy 5-ingredient sauce from that previous recipe that mostly inspired the teriyaki chicken we came up with!
Let me clarify that I have no idea what recipe I got from this friend and it’s an original recipe for chicken teriyaki! But it certainly doesn’t contain some of the ingredients you often see in American versions of this classic dish, and it’s delicious and easy to prepare. This tasty chicken only needs four minutes under pressure; Then we removed the chicken strips and broke them into small pieces while the sauce was cooking over a low heat. We thickened the sauce with some cornstarch, but that’s still pretty low in carbs!
What ingredients do you need for this recipe?
What can you serve with chicken teriyaki?
we made Easy cauliflower rice with garlic and green onions Chicken was served on top of that for a rice bowl meal. I also love this chicken Spicy Coriander Peanut Slaw For a cabbage bowl meal. It would be delicious served with steamed broccoli or barely wilted spinach. I was asking them to serve it on a little saute Zucchini Noodles or served with Asian Green Bean Air Fryer. It would be amazing with Fried bok choy. And of course you can also serve cooked chicken riceOr brown rice or even quinoa If your diet includes it.
How this recipe works:
(Scroll down for the full recipe with nutritional information.)
- Cut the chicken and cut it into slices.
- Mix the ingredients to make the sauce.
- Spray the Instant Pot with nonstick spray.
- Add the chicken to the Instant Pot and pour the sauce over it.
- Set to manual, high temperature, 4 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the Instant Natural Release bowl sit for 10 minutes, then release the rest of the pressure.
- Lift the chicken to a cutting board.
- Set the Instant Pot to Fry, High and allow the sauce to simmer.
- Mix cornstarch with water and mix with the sauce. Cook until mixture thickens, about 2-3 minutes.
- Divide the chicken and toss again with the sauce.
- Serve hot. We served him Easy cauliflower rice with garlic and green onions For a rice bowl meal.
More chicken in the Instant Pot:
instant chicken sauce ~ Calin’s Kitchen
Quick Butter Chicken ~ two sleeves
Instant Sriracha Chicken ~ Calin’s Kitchen
Quick adobo chicken ~ real balanced
Cauliflower rice and buffalo chicken bowl ~ Calin’s Kitchen
Instant Low Carb Keto Dinners With Chicken ~ slow cooker or pressure cooker
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2/3 cup soy sauce or gluten-free soy sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 6 tons of golden monkfruit sweetener (see notes)
- 1 ton minced garlic
- 1 ton of minced ginger
- 2 tons of cornstarch
- Sesame seeds for garnish optional اختيار
- Cut the chicken breasts and cut into thick crosswise slices.
- Mix soy sauce, water, golden monk fruit sweetener, minced garlic, and minced ginger to make the sauce.
- Spray the inside of the Instant Pot with nonstick spray.
- Add the chicken strips to the Instant Pot and pour the sauce over.
- Set the Instant Pot to manual, high heat, 4 minutes.
- When the cooking time is up, let the Instant Pot naturally release for 10 minutes, then release the rest of the pressure.
- Lift the chicken to a cutting board.
- Set the Instant Pot to Frying, high heat and allow the sauce to simmer.
- Mix the cornstarch with 2 TB of water and whisk it into the sauce in the Instant Pot. Let it cook until the mixture thickens, for 2-3 minutes.
- Break the chicken into small pieces and toss again with the sauce.
- Serve hot. We served chicken Easy cauliflower rice with garlic and green onions For a rice bowl meal.
I’m a huge fan of Golden Monkfruit Sweetener (affiliate link), but use your preferred sweetener for this recipe. You can use chopped fresh garlic and ginger root, or minced garlic and chopped ginger from the jar.
Amount per service: Calories: 194Total fat: 5 gramsSaturated fat: 1 gramUnsaturated fats: 0 gramsUnsaturated fats: 4 gramsCholesterol: 68 mgsodium: 1772 mgCarbohydrates: 7 gramsthe basic: 1 gramsugar: 1 gramprotein: 28 grams
Nutrition information is calculated automatically by the Recipe Plug-In I’m using. I am not a dietitian and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, as many variables affect these calculations.
Low Carb Diet / Low Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Teriyaki chicken made with golden monk fruit sweetener is a must-have for any low-carb, low-glycemic index or stage of the original South Beach Diet. The nutritional information is for chicken only, so be sure to choose low-carb side dishes if you want to go for a low-carb meal.
Find more recipes like these:
Uses instant pot To find more recipes like these. use the Diet type indicator To find recipes suitable for a particular food plan. You may also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest To see all the good recipes I share there.