Posted by Calin Denny On May 14, 2021
Instant Pot Cauliflower Greek Chicken Rice packs all the flavors of Greek chicken and Greek salad into a low-carb meal. And there are slow cooker instructions too if you prefer this method!
PIN Instant Pot Cauliflower Rice Greek Chicken Bowl to try later!
these Instant Cauliflower Rice Greek Chicken Bowl الدجاج This is a recipe where I transformed one of my favorites slow cooker recipes at Instant Pot Recipe! No wonder I like this recipe, because I’m fond of it Greek lemon chicken And the Greek salad Well documented in this blog! Quick-cook chicken in a mixture of lemon juice, skin, chicken broth, Greek seasonings, olive oil, Greek oregano, and a pinch of black pepper; They are then sliced up and returned to the liquid to soak up all those flavors while they finish making the delicious Greek sauce and cauliflower rice. Love this with extra feta cheese. Take your pick on it! This is a recipe that I have enjoyed many times, so I am showing it for her Favorite Friday this week.
If you still prefer to use a slow cooker, check this out slow cooker cauliflower rice greek chicken pot. If you like the sound of this recipe but it’s too hot outside for cauliflower rice, you might like it Instant Greek chicken taco While that! paying off Low-carb meals you’ll prepare over and over again For more dinner ideas like these.
What ingredients do you need for this recipe?
- Boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- Greek seasoning (affiliate link), check for gluten-free ingredients
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Chicken broth or broth
- Greek oregano (affiliate link)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- chopped cucumber
- cherry tomatoes
- Kalamata olives (or black olives)
- Red onion
- feta cheese
- Newman’s olive oil and vinegar (Continued link), or a low-sugar vinaigrette of your choice
- Frozen cauliflower rice (or use fresh chopped cauliflower if you prefer)
- green pepper
- Yellow onion
What size Instant Pot did you use?
I am using 6 quarts instant pot For all my instant recipes. Check out my growing collection of instant pot recipes! Find more pressure cooker/slow cooker recipes on my other site!
How to make Instant Greek Chicken and Cauliflower Rice Bowl:
(Scroll down for the full, printable recipe. Slow cooker instructions are in the recipe below as well.)
- Cut the chicken and cut each piece into two or three longitudinal slices, and place in the instant pot.
- Grate two lemons and squeeze the juice. Mix lemon juice with lemon peel, Greek seasoning (affiliate link), olive oil, chicken broth, Greek oregano (referral link), a pinch of freshly ground black pepper and pour over the chicken.
- Close the Instant Pot lid and set to manual, high pressure, 8 minutes. Then do it normally for 10 minutes before releasing the rest of the pressure.
- Let the chicken cool on a cutting board, then chop it up with two forks. (If there appears to be a lot of liquid in the Instant Pot, cook on SAUTE/HIGH HEAT for a few minutes to reduce the liquid.)
- Place the chicken back into the flavorful liquid in the Instant Pot.
- Chop cucumbers, tomatoes, olives and red onions and mix with feta and Italian dressing to make the Greek sauce.
- Chop the onion and green pepper and fry in a little olive oil.
- Then add 10 oz. Bags of frozen cauliflower rice (or chop up the head of cauliflower in a food processor if you prefer).
- Cauliflower rice seasoning Greek seasoningSalt and a pinch of black pepper and cook until the cauliflower is heated through and some of the water has evaporated (a little longer for fresh cauliflower).
- To serve, put a little cauliflower rice in the bottom of a bowl, cover with a large ladle of Greek chicken and some liquid, and top with the Greek sauce.
- Tasty! Do you love a Greek chicken bowl of cauliflower rice for a quick dinner?
More chicken in the Instant Pot:
A quick bowl of low carb chicken with cheese ~ Calin’s Kitchen
Quick chili lime chicken ~ Boulder Locafor
20 best instant chicken dinners ~ slow cooker or pressure cooker
Braised chicken with capers ~ Pressure cooking today
Low carb instant chicken soup with melted blue cheese ~ Calin’s Kitchen
Weekend meal prep:
This recipe has been added to a category called Prepare food on the weekend To help you find recipes to make or cook on the weekend and eat during the week!
Instant Pot Ingredients:
- 4 large chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into strips
- Peel and juice of 2 lemons
- 1 T Greek seasoning (check gluten-free ingredients)
- 2 tons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. Greek oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Freshly ground black pepper
Greek Salsa Ingredients:
- 3 medium cucumbers, sliced
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives (or black olives)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 4 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing of your choice, see notes
Cauliflower Rice Ingredients:
- 2 10 oz. bags of frozen cauliflower rice, partially thawed (or use fresh chopped cauliflower if you prefer)
- 1 large green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 ton extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. Greek seasoning
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Remove the cauliflower rice from the freezer and let it thaw on the counter while the chicken is cooking.
- Trim the chicken and cut each piece lengthwise into 2-3 strips, depending on the size of the chicken breasts. Put the chicken slices in the preparation bowl.
- Grate the lemon peel (using A Lemon Zester is easier). Then cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice.
- Whisk the zest and juice together with Greek seasoningolive oil and chicken brothGreek oreganoand black pepper to make a cooking sauce. Pour the cooking sauce mixture over the chicken in the prepared saucepan.
- Set the Instant Pot to manual, high pressure, for 8 minutes. Then do it normally for 10 minutes before releasing the rest of the pressure.
- When all pressure is released, use a perforated spoon to bring the chicken out onto a cutting board, leaving the flavorful sauce in the Instant Pot. (If there appears to be a lot of liquid in the Instant Pot, cook on SAUTE/HIGH HEAT for a few minutes to reduce the liquid.) Cut the chicken apart with two forks, then place in the Instant Pot, stirring gently until the chicken is coated with the liquid. Keep chicken warm on the low setting while preparing the other ingredients.
- To make the Greek sauce, chop the cucumber and tomato, Kalamata olives (or black olives), and red onions. Put those chopped ingredients in a bowl, stir in 1/4 cup of Italian dressing, then gently stir in the crumbled feta cheese.
- Chop the yellow onion and green pepper.
- If you are using fresh cauliflower, trim the cauliflower and discard the leaves. To use a food processor to chop cauliflower into “rice,” first chop the cauliflower (including the stems) into small pieces. Then process the cauliflower pieces with the steel blade in a food processor until finely chopped. (This recipe It has good pictures and instructions for doing just that.) You can also make “rice” by grating larger pieces of cauliflower with a large box grater.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add green pepper and onion and sauté for 3 minutes or until vegetables are softened and beginning to turn brown.
- Add the Greek seasoning and cook for another minute. Then add half-thawed frozen cauliflower (or fresh cauliflower) and cook, stirring several times, until the cauliflower is heated through and some of the liquid has evaporated, about 3-4 minutes. (Taste the cauliflower to see if it’s hot and cooked; fresh cauliflower will take a little longer to cook.) Season the cauliflower rice with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- To assemble the bowl, place a little hot cauliflower rice in the bottom of a serving bowl. Over the rice, place 1 tablespoon of the grated lemon chicken from the slow cooker, then top with 1 tablespoon of the Greek salsa mixture. Serve immediately.
- You can keep lemon-shredded chicken in the refrigerator for a day or two and reheat it in a skillet or in the microwave. For the cauliflower rice and Greek salsa mix, I’ll make that fresh every time you have the leftovers.
Amount per service: Calories: 278Total fat: 13 gramsSaturated fat: 4 gramsUnsaturated fats: 8 gramsCholesterol: 64 mgsodium: 1160 mgCarbohydrates: 12.5 gramsthe basic: 3 gramssugar: 10 gramsprotein: 24 grams
Nutrition information is calculated automatically by the Recipe Plug-In I’m using. I am not a dietitian and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, as many variables affect these calculations.
Low Carb Diet / Low Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
The Greek Chicken Bowl of Cauliflower Rice is a great instant dinner for any low-glycemic or low-carb diet, including Keto and any phase of the original South Beach Diet.
Find more recipes like these:
Uses Instant Pot Recipes Find more recipes like these! use the Diet type indicator To find recipes suitable for a particular food plan. you may Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest To see all the good recipes I share there.
Historical notes for this recipe:
This recipe was first published in May 2018. The recipe was last updated in May of 2021.
Discussion about this post