Short-term weight loss, or when focusing specifically on how to lose weight fast in two weeks, is a common area of interest for many adults. For example, the wedding season may prompt you to look for short-term weight loss plans in order to wear a dress or a suit. Additionally, the business may require you to present a major topic in front of hundreds of people.
Short term weight loss tips
Regardless, there are various events or encounters that may make you look for options for short-term weight loss. The presented content describes tips on how to lose weight quickly in two weeks and what effects it can have on the body.
Is short term weight loss the best option?
A common tendency to lose weight is to try to lose it as quickly as possible with little effort. However, this is not necessarily practical nor is it a long-term solution. Here are three reasons why rapid weight loss isn’t always the best option for achieving your sustainable goals.
1. It is not a sustainable plan. Perhaps one of the biggest drawbacks to short-term weight loss plans is that they often include a restricted diet, reduced calorie intake, and require excessive exercise. In addition, many rapid weight loss plans often overlook fat loss and resting metabolism as an end result, underscoring the importance of a steady and gradual program.
In fact, studies have shown that Gradual and steady weight loss Better at reducing fat mass, body fat percentage and metabolic rate when compared to rapid weight loss.
2. You will probably gain weight again and then some. In addition to short term weight loss plans that are not as effective as long term programs, another big drawback is that you will likely gain weight back once you shed it and possibly gain more pounds as a result.
Systematic reviews have shown that Resting energy expenditure, or the total amount of calories burned each day, was found to be lower after a period of weight loss, resulting in weight gain. This indicates that an extreme rapid weight loss plan can negatively affect weight loss efforts and can have the opposite effect.
3. It does not promote a healthy lifestyle. Weight loss should usually include a healthy lifestyle that includes eating a balanced diet, exercising regularly, and getting enough sleep. Two pounds per week is usually considered a healthy reduction, however, anything above that can be considered too fast.
according to Mayo ClinicSome programs that include rapid weight loss are often the result of losing water weight and possibly even lean mass and muscle, which can negatively impact your long-term goals.
Tips on how to lose weight quickly in two weeks effectively
While it’s not always best to be on a short-term weight loss plan, if you’re still looking for ways to drop pounds in a short amount of time and in a safer way, consider the tips below.
• Focus on reducing calorie consumption moderately. The trick to losing weight is to find the sweet spot for how much or how little to eat, which means narrowing down your current metabolism.
The best way to do this is to record everything you eat and drink throughout the day and get a realistic picture of the total amount of calories you’re consuming. Once you have this number, consider adjusting how much you eat by reducing your total calorie intake.
For some people, reducing your total caloric intake by about 500 calories per day is reasonable for a short period of time, just make sure you are consuming enough protein and carbohydrates to meet your body’s needs.
• Create a calorie deficit. The next best way to lose weight fast is to create a large calorie deficit. This means that you need to burn more calories throughout the day than you consume.
In addition to reducing calorie consumption, consider adding more physical activity throughout the day to create this deficiency. Depending on how much weight you’re looking to lose in the two weeks, consider aiming for a 500-calorie deficit each day to lose about 2 pounds in the two weeks.
To lose about four pounds in two weeks, consider reducing what you eat, if possible by around 500 calories, and aiming to burn about 500 calories specifically from cardio.
• Do more cardio in two weeks. While resistance training is very important to overall weight loss success, a short-term two-week weight loss plan should include ample cardiovascular activity.
General recommendations for weight loss include 30 minutes of moderate-intensity activity throughout the week, however, you may need to aim for 60 minutes each day for two weeks to achieve your goal.
The average adult will generally burn about 100 calories per mile walked or run, and more with longer walks and more vigorous aerobic activities.
• Consider HIIT. Perhaps one of the most effective ways to lose weight quickly is to exercise at a high intensity. High-intensity interval training is very effective in burning fat, especially when you are working almost as hard as you can.
This type of semi-maximum exercise requires a very rigorous dedication to perform each day, but as long as your body allows it, it can have some of the best results. For best results, consider different types of HIIT that include heavy weights, bicycles, treadmills, and bodyweight movements.
Few things to take into consideration
As mentioned earlier, weight loss is best when it is gradual and includes lifestyle changes. The lifestyle changes needed for ongoing weight loss should be a part of everyday life and not a shock to your routine.
However, if you are looking for tips on how to lose weight fast in two weeks, consider the above pointers to safely reach your short-term goals.