Belinda Tonkin lost 43 kg and 125 cm in just six months by following her 28 day weight loss challenge.
“On average, I’ve gone from a size 28/26 to a size 22. For the first time, I feel like a role model for my daughter about the importance of taking care of ourselves for our well-being,” she says.
“I am happier, confident and have new energy. I sleep better, have less anxiety and feel more resilient to daily stresses.
“I also have better focus, my blood pressure has gone down, and I am more organized in my daily life. I prioritize my health and am more social than ever.”
Belinda lost 43 kg in just six months
“Half the battle for me was just beginning. I weigh 168 kilograms and felt any kind of weight loss would be nearly impossible,” she says.
“I started small and was aiming for one goal at a time. I had a terrible addiction to soft drinks, so my first goal was to replace the soft drink with water. Then I used healthy mummy app, I started planning meals and focusing on food choices.
“After two weeks of that, I started losing some weight which I was able to add in a gentle workout. So these changes weren’t all at once but I could still see and feel results where small changes can turn into big changes.”
What does Belinda eat in a typical day?
breakfast: Healthy mummy smoothie
For morning and afternoon snacks: I might have veggie sticks and dips or chop up a piece of fruit and cheese or have a baked slice of healthy mummy app Like a healthy Weet-bix slice of chocolate
lunch: I’ll have a salad for lunch or chicken and salad on a multigrain roll. I also really like meals like zucchini, bacon, and Parmesan cheese for lunch from a restaurant. healthy mummy app
Dinner: We have a lot of family meals like lasagna, pasta, nachos, pork, fish and veggies. I use the healthy mummy recipes from the app to make these meals because they are healthier versions of traditional family favorites.
Belinda’s meal prep tips will be…
- keep it simple And to be organized.
- So I always Completed my food store the day before And be sure to organize your fridge and pantry before you start cooking.
- I recommend Prepare at least two snacks per weekAnd two meals. This tends to take the first few days, and then you can always do some little preparation in the middle of the week if you don’t want to spend an entire week all at once.
- Enjoy too! I turned on the music and gave myself a few hours. You can also involve children and family. I know my daughter loves to eat the food she helps cook. So it’s win/win.
Belinda’s tips for success
1. Find an exercise you enjoy
You don’t have to be running or going to the gym. You may discover that you like bush walks and exercise. See where your interests may take you, if you enjoy your chosen exercise, it will be easier to get up and do it.
2. Enjoy and truly embrace this journey
You never know what you might discover about yourself or perhaps rediscover.
3. Let your mind come on the trip too
I say this because this journey isn’t just about the physical transformation you wish to see…it’s about mentality. It’s about making new lifestyle habits and staying consistent.
4. Believe you can and you will
Allow yourself to be successful in setting and achieving goals. You deserve to be your happiest and healthiest self. Self-love and care are important and you know that you truly deserve to be your best self.
Are you ready to become a healthy mummy?
If you want to lose weight and improve your energy – not to mention help improve your overall health and well-being – we have 28 day weight loss challenge It is a great program to check out.
The 28 day weight loss challenge It is the 5-star rated mom-only app with over 1.6k reviews in 8 weeks!!
You get unrestricted access to:
● Nutritionist and Chef designed weekly meal plans
● More than 500 different personal trainers are prepared at home
● Daily motivation from my coach
● Personal shopping lists to make life easier
● More than 6000 healthy and delicious recipes at your fingertips
● Real-time support from the Mummy Health team and over 300,000 other moms