Posted by Calin Denny employment August 23, 2021
This year my squash pan patty is going wild in my garden, and we loved this recipe for a grilled pan squash patty with creamy goat cheese. Check out ideas in this post for other flavors and cheeses you can use!
PIN roasted squash pan patty to try later!
This year I’m growing vegetables in my old house in Salt Lake (and showing them off on instagram), and the garden is filled with a squash pan patty! People joke about leaving zucchini on the neighbor’s balcony, but I’ve been giving this fun scalloped squash to all my friends. I also cook them like crazy, and when doing this experiment Grilled squash patty The crumbly goat cheese turned out to be a huge winner, and I couldn’t wait to share it! Most people should have a month or two more of grilling weather, so I hope you can give it a try.
There is no doubt that this is an extremely popular scum grilled zucchini Recipe on the blog. And if you don’t have a squash pan patty, you can definitely grill some zucchini and serve it with crumbled goat cheese and get the flavors of this recipe. But this post is for people who are looking for ideas for cooking a squash pan patty! Judging by the way Lee grows like crazy, I think there are probably a few people looking for recipes with this prolific squash.
What is a pan squash patty?
Squash pan patty It is a summer squash variety known for its distinctive dish shape and scalloped edges. It is also called flying saucer squash, squash, Peter Pan squash, sunburst squash, and Novelty squash, and in some places just called squash. Squash plants are similar to zucchini plants and individual squashes can be dark green, light green, yellow or white. Squash pan patty is usually cooked when it is very young and can be used in many recipes that call for zucchini. And like other types of summer squash, Low carb pan patty!
What ingredients do you need for this recipe?
What other cheese could you use in a recipe?
We loved the crumbly, slightly melted goat cheese with the light flavor of the squash, and of course the feta would also be a good choice. I think gorgonzola cheese would also taste great with this. And if you switch it up a bit and soak the squash in it Cumin, lemon and olive oil sauceI think Queso Fresco or Cotija cheese would be delicious here.
Can you grill a pan patty without an external grill?
If you don’t have an outdoor grill, the grilled patty tray can easily be cooked on a Grill pan on stove with spurs (affiliate link) or file George Foreman Grill (continued link) with good results. Remember that George Foreman Grill cooks both sides at once, so your grilling time will be much shorter!
How to make grilled pan squash patty:
(Scroll down for the full recipe with nutritional information.)
- The first photo shows a squash patty pan, straight from the garden.
- I like to pick them when they are no more than 4 inches wide, but some were a little larger than that.
- Cut a thin piece off the stem and flower end of each squash.
- Then cut each pie pan in half crosswise.
- Mix the ingredients to make the seasoning liquid.
- Place the squash pieces in a Ziploc bag or plastic bowl, add the seasoning liquid and leave on the counter for a few hours.
- When you’re ready to cook, heat the grill over medium-high heat and drain the squash into a colander.
- Place the squash pieces on the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until you see grill marks when lifted.
- Then I rotated the chops and cooked another 3-4 minutes on the same side to make cross marks. (These pictures are really a little different.)
- Then flip the zucchini and let it cook for another 3 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Place the cooked squash in a serving dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Then crumble over goat cheese (or any cheese of your choice) and serve.
Make it a low carb meal:
Grilled pan patty will taste great with Grilled codAnd Grilled salmon burgerAnd grilled shrimp skewersAnd Greek pork chops, or Grilled chicken with balsamic vinegar.
More ideas for cooking a pan patty:
- 4 patty pan squash, no more than 4-5 inches wide
- 1/2 cup Newman’s olive oil and vinegar
- 1 tsp. Italian herbal seasoning
- 1 tsp. dried greek oregano
- 2 oz. crumbled goat cheese (or more)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cut a thin piece off the stem and flower end of each squash to make it flat on the top and bottom.
- Then cut each zucchini in half crosswise, so you have thin “slices” of pan patty.
- Mix Newman’s Special Sauce, Italian Herbal Seasoning, and Greek Oregano together to make the seasoning liquid.
- Place the squash pieces in a Ziploc bag or a plastic container with an airtight lid, add the seasoning liquid and leave to soak on the counter for a few hours.
- When you’re ready to cook, heat the grill over medium-high heat and drain the squash into a colander set in the sink.
- Place the squash pieces on the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until you see grill marks when the edge is lifted.
- Then rotate the chops and cook 3-4 minutes on the same side to make cross marks.
- Then flip the zucchini and let it cook for another 3 minutes, or until tender when you pierce it with a fork.
- Place the cooked squash in a serving dish and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Crumble over goat cheese (or any cheese of your choice) and serve.
This recipe was created by Kalen and Kara when Patti Pan was taking over the garden in her Salt Lake home!
Amount per service: Calories: 55Total fat: 2 gramsSaturated fat: 1 gramUnsaturated fats: 0 gramsUnsaturated fats: 1 gramCholesterol: 4 mgsodium: 205 mgCarbohydrates: 5 gramsthe basic: 2 gramssugar: 3 gramsprotein: 3 grams
Nutrition information is calculated automatically by the Recipe Plug-In I’m using. I am not a dietitian and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, as many variables affect these calculations.
Low Carb Diet / Low Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
This is a good side dish for any low-carb or low-glycemic index diet, including any phase of the original South Beach Diet.
Find more recipes like these:
Uses Barbecue recipes To find more recipes like these. use the Diet type indicator To find more recipes suitable for a particular eating plan. You can also Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest To see all the good recipes I share there.
Discussion about this post