Posted by Calin Denny employment August 27, 2021
Roasted garlic chicken with red pepper aioli is perfect for a low-carb dinner, and can be cooked on a grill pan on the stove if you don’t have an outside grill. And check out our other serving suggestions for roasted garlic chicken if you don’t feel like making the sauce.
Years ago, I was fascinated by Roasted red pepper and garlic aioli Which my friend Margaret introduced me to. I love eating that sauce in just about everything, but this Grilled garlic chicken with red pepper aioli It was a particularly delicious way to serve this delicious sauce, and I remind you of it for Friday favorite Choose this week!
This is a simple seasoning and you can even put the chicken in the fridge to marinate when you go to bed at night, and then cook it after work the next day. Chicken is delicious, but most of all, it’s a great way to get the sauce right in your mouth!
What is red pepper aioli?
Aioli is an emulsifier-type sauce, similar to mayonnaise, and there are countless variations to this easy-to-make sauce. I love the Roasted red pepper and garlic aioli That we made with this chicken, and this recipe will give you a lot of other ideas for using this delicious sauce.
What ingredients do you need for this recipe?
How to protect chicken breasts from drying out on the grill?
If you are not experienced with grilling chicken breasts, check out the tips in my post at How to make grilled chicken breasts.
What if you don’t have an outdoor grill?
Of course I like to cook chicken on the outside grill. But if you don’t have an outside grill or if it’s not grilling, you can cook the chicken like I did on Grill pan on stove with spurs Or it would be great cooked on George Foreman Grill Moreover. (affiliate links) Remember that George Foreman Grill cooks both sides at once, so adjust the grill time.
What can you serve with this roasted garlic chicken?
If you don’t want to make red pepper aioli, garlic roasted chicken will be great Avocado sauceAnd Tomato and avocado salsaAnd Mango sauce with red pepperAnd fresh tomato sauceAnd White BBQ sauceAnd Homemade tzatziki sauceAnd Mustard and Herb Sauce, or Sriracha Ranch Sauce.
How to prepare the recipe:
(Scroll down for the full recipe, including nutritional information.)
- Trim all visible fat and membranes from chicken breasts, making small slits in chicken. (Keep these scraps in the freezer and use them to make them Homemade chicken broth.)
- Whisk together lemon juice, garlic puree, poultry seasoning and olive oil.
- Put the chicken breasts in a ziplock bag and marinate in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours. (This recipe is enough to season 4 chicken pieces, but I only cooked 2 when I tested the recipe and took these photos.)
- Drain the red pepper, chop the pepper, crush the pepper, and process the other ingredients together to prepare Roasted red pepper and garlic aioli. Place the sauce in the refrigerator to cool while the chicken is marinating.
- You can cook this chicken on a gas or charcoal grill outside, but I cooked this on a Grill pan on stove top (Referral link), which made it even easier.
- Whatever you use, let the chicken come to room temperature, oil the frying pan or grill before preheating the frying pan or grill and place the chicken on it.
- I was going to drizzle the sauce over this chicken, so I didn’t worry about grill marks, just flipping it a few times, cooking for about 10 minutes, or until the chicken was firm and slightly browned.
- Serve hot with red pepper and garlic aioli sauce over garlic roasted chicken!
Make it a low carb meal:
Grilled garlic chicken with red pepper aioli with great taste Grilled squash pattyAnd grilled zucchiniAnd Avocado and tomato saladAnd Low carb Italian pasta salad, or Cauliflower rice with basil, parmesan and pine nuts For a low carb meal.
More favorite recipes for grilled chicken:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic (or chopped fresh garlic)
- 1 tsp. dried poultry seasoning
- 4 tons of olive oil
- Roasted red pepper aioli
- Trim all visible fat and tendons from chicken breasts, then cut small slits along each breast. (You may want to read How to make delicious grilled chicken breasts every time For more information on how to trim chickens and make incisions.)
- Whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, poultry seasoning, and olive oil.
- Place the chicken in a ziplock bag or a plastic container with an airtight lid large enough to place the chicken in a single layer.
- Put the chicken in a bag or bowl, pour in the marinade, close and turn several times so that the marinade completely covers the chicken.
- Let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours, or up to 24 hours if you need to start the marinating in advance.
- While the chicken is marinating, make it Roasted red pepper aioli And let it cool in the fridge.
- When you’re ready to cook, remove the chicken from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature.
- Grease a grill grate or grill pan with olive oil or non-stick spray.
- Heat a gas or charcoal grill or grill pan over the stove to medium to high. (You can only hold your hand there for a few seconds at this temperature.)
- Cook the chicken for about 4-5 minutes on the first side (you can rotate it halfway if you want grill marks, but I didn’t bother serving the chicken with the sauce on top of it.)
- Turn chicken and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes on the second side, or until chicken is firm and light brown.
- Feet hot with Roasted red pepper aioli.
Amount per service: Calories: 362Total fat: 21 gramsSaturated fat: 4 gramsUnsaturated fats: 0 gramsUnsaturated fats: 17 gramsCholesterol: 106 mgsodium: 101 mgCarbohydrates: 3 gramsthe basic: 0 gramssugar: 1 gramprotein: 38 grams
Nutrition information is calculated automatically by the Recipe Plug-In I’m using. I am not a dietitian and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, as many variables affect these calculations.
Low Carb Diet / Low Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
This would be a great main dish for any low carb diet and all phases of the original South Beach Diet (with certified ingredients), and with just the right mayonnaise, this recipe is also Paleo or Whole 30.
Find more recipes like these:
paying off Barbecue recipes More ideas for chicken on the grill. use the Diet type indicator To find recipes suitable for a particular food plan. You may also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest To see all the good recipes I share there.
Historical notes for this recipe:
This recipe was first published in 2010 after Margaret brought Red Pepper Aioli to a party at my house. Since then, I’ve made it a few times, and the recipe was last updated in 2021.