Green beans with tahini and lemon are a great low carb side dish and everyone who loves tahini sauce will love this recipe. You can also make the sauce with creamy peanut butter if you don’t have tahini, and this post has more great ideas for cooking fresh green beans, enjoy!
This recipe Green beans with tahini and lemon It’s a fun way to think outside the box of cooking green beans for anyone who grows them in the garden or finds fresh green beans at the market. And the combination of tahini and lemon sauce was truly a winner in this recipe, and it was definitely something we ate when we tested the recipe.
But if tahini doesn’t work in your home (or if you don’t want to buy it for one recipe), it’s still delicious with all-natural peanut butter that’s replaced with tahini. If you like fresh green beans, I hope you will try this for a new way to cook them, because these beans are really good!
What components do you need?
- Fresh green beans (French-style delicate green beans are preferred.)
- Flat-leaf Italian parsley (parsley is optional, but it enhances the flavors).
- tahini sauce (affiliate link)
- Fresh lemon juice, I used my own Fresh and frozen lemon juice
- minced fresh garlic minced garlic (referral link) from jar
- Extra virgin olive oil (Use your best tasting olive oil for this.)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
What is tahini?
Some people may not be aware tahiniIt is a Middle Eastern sauce made from ground sesame seeds. It’s an essential ingredient in chickpeas, and it adds a wonderful sesame flavor many dishes. I think tahini goes well with vegetables, and if you enter “tahini” in the blog’s search bar, you’ll find other recipes I’ve used in it. you can find tahini sauce (Continued link) at ethnic markets, health food stores and large grocery stores or buy it online. And if you don’t want to buy any, creamy peanut butter will work with most tahini recipes.
What brand of tahini is the best?
There are many good brands of tahini, but I like them very much tahini fast (Referral link) This is the type I always choose.
Want more ideas for cooking fresh green beans?
It’s no secret that I love fresh green beans! If you want to see every recipe on my site that has green beans as an ingredient, check out green bean recipes.
How to make green beans with tahini and lemon:
(Scroll down for the full recipe including nutritional information.)
- Trim the ends of the green beans. (I do this by assembling a bunch in my hand and placing them on a cutting board so the ends are even and trimming, then do the same on the other side. I like whole beans but you can chop them smaller if you prefer.)
- Cook the beans for 3-4 minutes in boiling, salted water.
- Immediately drain and rinse with cold water so that they do not continue to cook.
- While the beans are cooking, whisk together the tahini sauce, lemon juice, minced garlic, and olive oil to make the sauce.
- Season the sauce with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Coarsely chop the parsley.
- When the beans are dry, put them in a dish, sprinkle the sauce on them, and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve green beans with tahini and lemon right away and enjoy!
Make it a low carb meal:
This delicious side dish of green beans will taste great Grilled chicken with mustard and rosemaryAnd the Grilled Cuban SteakAnd the Chicken cutlets with mustard sauceAnd the Paprika chickenor Spicy Garlic Grilled Shrimp For a low carb meal!
More low carb green bean recipes:
1 pound fresh green beans, ends trimmed (thin French green beans preferred).
1 tsp. Salt (for green bean cooking water)
2 TB finely chopped Italian parsley (parsley is optional, but it enhances the flavors).
2 tons of tahini
2 teaspoons fresh or frozen lemon juice
1/2 tsp. finely chopped fresh garlic (or more)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (Use your best taste of olive oil for this.)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Boil a medium sized pot of water.
- Trim off both ends of the green beans, but keep them whole. (I cut by holding a handful of beans in the middle and then standing them on a cutting board, letting them fall out until the ends are even. Then trim and repeat on the other side.)
- When the water boils, add the salt and add the green beans. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until crisp. Drain the beans and rinse with cold water; Then let them drain well.
- While the beans are cooking, whisk together tahini sauce (Continued link), lemon juice, minced garlic, and olive oil to make the sauce. (I used Fresh and frozen lemon juice.
- Taste to see if you want more garlic; Then season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Wash the parsley and chop it fine if you are using it.
- To serve, arrange the beans in a serving dish, sprinkle the sauce on them and garnish with parsley. Serve hot.
Amount per service:
Calories: 203Total fat: 18 gramsSaturated fat: 2 gramsUnsaturated fats: 0 gramsUnsaturated fats: 15 gramsCholesterol: 0 mgsodium: 740 mgCarbohydrates: 11 gramsthe basic: 4 gramssugar: 4 gramsprotein: 4 grams
Nutrition information is calculated automatically by the Recipe Plug-In I’m using. I am not a dietitian and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, as many variables affect these calculations.
Low Carb Diet / Low Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
This recipe would be great for low carb eating plans, including Keto. Both tahini and olive oil are considered “good fats” for the original South Beach diet, so green beans with a tahini-lemon dressing would be a great side dish that will be approved for all phases of South Beach.
Find more recipes like these:
paying off side dishes For more recipes like this Diet type indicator To find recipes suitable for a particular food plan. You may also like to check out Kalyn’s Kitchen on PinterestAnd the in FacebookAnd the on instagramor in Youtube To see all the good recipes I share there.
Historical notes for this recipe:
This recipe was first published in 2012 and I’ve likely made it at least once every summer since then. It was last updated with more information in 2022.
We are participants in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliate sites. As an Amazon member, I earn from eligible purchases.