Posted by Calin Denny On August 16, 2021
It’s fresh tomato season, and I was inundated with the Avocado Tomato Salad featuring feta cheese and a wonderful balsamic tahini vinaigrette! See some other cheese suggestions if you’re not a fan of feta.
PIN Avocado Tomato Salad to try later!
It’s tomato salad time, and though I have time Summer’s favorite tomato salad Which I do over and over again when juicy, ripe tomatoes are plentiful, every summer I like to come up with new salads or improve on old ones! this is Avocado and tomato salad It was an idea that popped into my head a few years ago. And while I loved the combination of perfect summer tomatoes, ripe avocado, salty feta, and a drizzle of balsamic tahini sauce, the original photos didn’t show it off as well as it could have been. Recently when I had fresh garden tomatoes, I made them again and took some better pictures!
Then I ate some and fainted on the salad! This is an easy yet impressive salad that would be perfect for guests or going to a party. I would chop the tomatoes, mix the sauce, and chop the feta at home; Then when you get to the party, grab a knife and slice the avocado, assemble the salad, drizzle on the dressing and sprinkle on the feta. Then stop and wait for the raving for this perfect salad with avocado and tomatoes!
What ingredients do you need for this recipe?
- Ripe red summer tomatoes with vines
- crumbled feta cheese (or other cheese of your choice)
- sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- white balsamic vinegar (affiliate link)
- Fresh lemon juice, I used my own Fresh and frozen lemon juice
- tahini sauce (Referral link), preferably Soom Tahini
- Extra virgin olive oil
What is tahini sauce?
tahini It is a thick sauce made from roasted sesame seeds, and an essential ingredient in many Middle Eastern foods. When this salad idea popped into my head, it was partially inspired by my recent purchase tahini fast (Referral link), which I read about in my friend David Leibovitz’s post about him Zahav Restaurant. I bought Soom Tahini from Amazon.com, it’s the best tahini I’ve ever used, but use whatever tahini you have on hand!
What if you don’t have tahini sauce?
I love the slightly nutty flavor that tahini adds to this avocado-tomato salad dressing. But if you don’t have tahini and don’t want to buy one of the ingredients just to make this salad, I think the recipe would still be great without it. You may need a little olive oil for the marinade if you’re not using tahini.
What if you don’t have white balsamic vinegar?
If you don’t have white balsamic vinegar, use a mild white vinegar plus a little sweetener.
What other cheeses can you use besides feta cheese?
I love feta but I know some people aren’t crazy about it. If you want to swap the feta cheese for another cheese I guess Goat cheese (the kind that comes in the record), Queso Frisco, or Cotija cheese Everything would be great on this salad. And any crumbly white cheese you enjoy will likely work, so enjoy experimenting!
How to make avocado and tomato salad:
(Scroll down for the full recipe with nutritional information.)
- fail together white balsamic vinegar (referral link), lemonade, tahini sauce (affiliate link) Salt and olive oil to make the sauce and break up the feta.
- Cut the tomatoes into thick halves. Carefully peel the avocado and cut the avocado into 8 longitudinal slices.
- Arrange the tomato and avocado slices alternately on a serving plate.
- Sprinkle on the desired amount of sauce; Then sprinkle feta cheese.
- Season with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve.
More avocado salads that will make you swoon:
Tomato, Cucumber and Avocado Salad
Chicken and avocado salad with lemon and cilantro
Heart of palm and avocado salad
- 4 large ripe red summer tomatoes, cut into thick halves
- 2 medium avocados, sliced
- 2 oz. feta collapsed
- sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 ton of white balsamic vinegar (see notes)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice (see notes)
- 2 tsp. tahini sauce
- salt to taste; I used about 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 T + 1 tsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- Whisk the vinegar, lemon juice, tahini, salt, and olive oil together to make the sauce.
- Crumble the required amount of feta cheese.
- Cut a thin slice from both ends of the tomatoes, then cut the tomatoes into thick slices and cut each slice in half to make half moon slices.
- Cut each avocado in half and remove the seeds. Carefully peel the avocado in half, then cut each lengthwise in half and half again.
- Arrange the tomato and avocado pieces alternately in the serving dish.
- Sprinkle with the sauce and sprinkle with the crumbled feta cheese.
- Season with a little sea salt and a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve immediately.
- To get ready for the party, cut the tomatoes into slices, mix in the sauce and crumble the feta cheese.
- When ready to serve, slice avocado, assemble salad, sprinkle with dressing, top with feta cheese, and season.
Amount per service: Calories: 174Total fat: 14 gramsSaturated fat: 3.1 gramsUnsaturated fats: 0 gramsUnsaturated fats: 10 gramsCholesterol: 8 mgsodium: 385 mgCarbohydrates: 12 gramsthe basic: 6.1 gsugar: 4.5 gramsprotein: 4.1 grams
Nutrition information is calculated automatically by the Recipe Plug-In I’m using. I am not a dietitian and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, as many variables affect these calculations.
Low Carb Diet / Low Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
With a moderate serving size, Everything in Avocado Tomato Salad is a good choice for all low-carb eating plans and any stage of the original South Beach Diet.
Find more recipes like these:
Uses avocado recipes or authority Find more recipes like this Diet type indicator To find recipes suitable for a particular food plan. You may also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest To see all the good recipes I share there.
Historical notes for this recipe:
This recipe was first published in 2015. It has been updated with better photos and more information about ingredients in 2021.
Discussion about this post