Posted by Calin Denny On May 24, 2021
Anyone who loves artichoke hearts will love them from the Air Fryer for a quick and easy appetizer or side dish! This recipe is great for a keto or low-carb diet, and it’s also gluten-free!
There’s a big weekend coming up in the US, and I think most people are looking forward to finally being back with family and friends. And if you are looking for a fun, delicious, low-carb appetizer that will be perfect for any meeting or special meal, you can’t go wrong with these wonderful foods. Air Fryer Artichoke Hearts! I’m excited to share this new recipe, and I promise everyone who loves artichoke hearts will love this easy idea!
And making roasted artichoke hearts for an appetizer or side dish couldn’t be easier with an air fryer! Low-carb artichoke hearts topped with olive oil, marinated, then roasted in an air fryer and topped with grated Parmesan cheese. You can eat them dipped in something delicious if you like, but they honestly don’t need a dip to taste great. Of course I like Artichokes So I love this as a side dish for a special dinner too. We used two boxes of whole artichoke hearts to make 8 appetizers or 4 side dishes, but you can definitely cut the recipe in half if you don’t want to make that much.
What ingredients do you need for this recipe?
What air fryer do I use?
I became a big fan of the Air Fryer after I found out Air Fryer Roasting Oven, CuisineArt (Referral link) which is what I used for this recipe. This air fryer has a larger basket, which was large enough to make two cans of whole artichoke cores, but if your air fryer has a smaller basket, you may need to cut the recipe in half. I find this form very easy to use. I also love the convenience of having an air fryer that stays on the counter. (you can use Air fryer recipes (See other Air Fryer recipes on my website.)
What if you don’t have an air fryer?
I haven’t tried to make these toasted artichoke hearts in a regular oven, but if I try them I’ll cook them at 450 ° F / 230 ° C. The Air Fryer cooks hotter like a convection oven so I guess the cooking time will be the same but I’ll start checking in about 6 minutes. (If someone tried in the oven, please let us know and let us know how you did it!)
How to make this recipe:
(Scroll down for a complete recipe with nutritional information.)
- Set to 390 ° F / 200 ° C and start heating (if your air fryer needs it).
- Drain artichoke hearts in a sieve in the basin.
- Cut the artichoke hearts in half, and put them in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the artichokes with olive oil and spices.
- Stir the mixture gently so that the artichoke hearts are well coated with the oil and spices.
- Arrange the artichoke hearts in the Air Fryer basket, cut side up. (If you don’t have a large basket like me, you might only be able to cook one can at a time.)
- We cooked it for exactly 10 minutes, but I recommend starting to check after about 6 or 7 minutes, especially if you have a different model of Air Fryer.
- Serve hot and enjoy, with something to dip if desired.
What dips would be good with this?
You can’t go wrong with a classic game like Homemade Granny Denny’s Farm Dipping Or the The best tzatziki sauce in the world As a dip for these. Some other options Greek yogurtAnd the Greek yogurt ranch dipAnd the Roasted red pepper with fetaAnd the Roasted Red Peppers And Aioli Garlic Sauce, Or Spicy Dipping Sauce With Sriracha. I also think they’d do well with some salad dressings served like dips Basil VingretAnd the Cafe Rio salad dressing, Or Green Goddess Salad Dressing.
Two 14 oz. Whole artichoke hearts boxes, packed in water
2 tons of olive oil
1 tsp. Italian herbal seasoning
1/2 tsp. Salt (more or less to taste)
1/4 teaspoon. Freshly ground black pepper (to taste more or less)
2 tons coarse grated Parmesan (or more)
- If an air fryer needs preheating, set it to 390 ° F / 200 ° C and start heating.
- Drain the artichoke cores well in a sieve in the sink.
- Cut the artichoke hearts in half.
- Place the artichoke hearts in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil and spices.
- Gently stir with a spoon until the artichoke hearts are completely coated with oil and spices.
- Arrange the artichoke hearts in the Air Fryer basket, cut side up.
- We cooked it for exactly 10 minutes, to get slightly crisp and well-browned edges, but every air fryer is different so I recommend starting to check in about 6 or 7 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy, with something to dip if desired.
Nutritional information counts for 8 appetizer servings. Artichoke hearts do contain some carbs, but they are rich in fiber, so be sure to check your net carbs!
When I came up with the idea of cooking artichoke heart in the Air Fryer, I found a lot of recipes online, but most of them were layer of rusk and weren’t low in carbs. This recipe has been adapted slightly from All recipes.
Amount per serving:
Calories: 88Total fat: 4 gramsSaturated fat: 1 gramUnsaturated fats: 0 gramsUnsaturated fats: 3 gramsCholesterol: 1 mgsodium: 276 mgCarbohydrates: 12 gramsthe basic: 6 gramssugar: 1 gramprotein: 3 grams
Feed information is calculated automatically by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a dietitian and I cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, because so many variables affect these calculations.
Low-carb diet / low-glycemic diet / South Beach diet suggestions:
This recipe is a great appetizer or side dish for any low-carb diet, including Keto, as well as any phase of the original South Beach Diet. You may want to use a little Parmesan if you strictly follow South Beach.
Find more recipes like these:
Uses Appetizer recipes or Air fryer recipes To find more recipes like this one. Use the Diet type indicator To find more suitable recipes for a particular eating plan. You can too Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest To see all the good recipes I share there.