National Running Day is this month and we want to celebrate by sharing some running tips. Running is a sport for everyone. No matter the distance, I’m still a runner. Whether you’re a beginner or have been running for a while, check out these tips to improve your sport.
- Get a great pair of running shoes – To start every athlete needs a good pair of shoes that go with their sport. Running is no different! Good shoes will help keep you comfortable while running and support you.
- via train Keep your whole body strong! Cross training is useful to help prevent injuries and allow you to exercise without putting excessive pressure on your joints.
- gradually build up Gradually build up your running time and distance. Start with something that can be controlled and build up from there.
- Set achievable goals and celebrate small victories – Set goals you know you can achieve and celebrate yourself when you complete them! While PR is amazing, it is important to acknowledge other successes along the way.
- Looking for support Many communities have groups, play clubs, and even online support. Finding others with similar goals helps motivate you. Even telling a family member or friend your goals can help you succeed!
- Take a rest day – And take breaks while running if you need to. Don’t be afraid to stop walking, resting, or drinking fluids during exercise. In addition, it is important to include rest days during your training schedule to ensure that your body has time to recover.
Remember, you are a runner! Keep up the great work and try these tips.